News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

So, er, I broke my email inbox.

Started by Nequam, October 22, 2006, 08:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nequam

D'oh. I was trying to empty out 6000 spam emails at once, and I must've clicked a wrong option or something...

Instead of my inbox, I now get a page full of PHP errors.

Quotefread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0. FILE: /home/httpd/htdocs/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php. LINE: 519.

Invalid argument supplied for foreach(). FILE: /home/httpd/htdocs/squirrelmail/templates/default/message_list.tpl LINE: 323.
What did I do? x_x

Xepher

I don't know. SquirrelMail is has been giving a lot of problems lately, and it's probably not the best way to get email. It is, however, free. I don't see anything offhand that would cause a problem. Have you tried logging out and logging back in? If that doesn't do it, I can erase your settings file for squirrelmail, which seems to solve MOST problems (but you lose your address book and all your settings.) If you'd like me to try that, let me know.

Nequam

Logging out didn't work; feel free to reset my settings, since I don't have an Address Book anyway. ^^;;

Xepher

Nequam

Yay, it works again. ^_^ Many thanks.

fesworks

I'm not getting e-mail for when I try sending something to reviews@fesandernst.com ... anything-here@ardacomic.com works fine. I sent e-mails from 3 different accounts for reviews@fesandernst.com and nothing ever arrived.

What to do??

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

You're forwarding to gmail, yes? Odds are good they're blocking it there, possibly because it's for some new address and they think it must be spam. I just turned off the forwarding for a test, and the mail I sent showed right up in your account here.

fesworks

Well, it was sent to forward, but it still should have shown up in the Xepher mailbox... I'll check.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Tangle

Er, hey, I did too.  Not sure if this is the same problem, since I can access my email (the right frame) but the left frame, where all the links to my folders should be comes up as this error:

ERROR:
ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: CREATE "~/Trash"
Reason Given: CREATE failed: Can't create mailbox node /home/add//Trash: File exists

buh?

Xepher

If you go to the folders thing on the right, you can then subscribe to the existing trash folder. That usually fixes this problem.

Just to let everyone know, I'm aware of several problems with squirrelmail, but it's a royal pain to upgrade, as it would trash everyone's settings. As such, I'm just not dealing with it until the new server goes online. Sorry for the trouble, but remember you can always use your own email client to access your email here. Just set it up to use IMAP and point the server to mail.xepher.net for both incoming and outgoing. If you have trouble SENDING mail, try port 26 instead of 25 for smtp. If you need help, lemme know.