News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Project Wonderful advertising

Started by reinder, November 08, 2006, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinder

As far as your Project Wonderful ads are concerned, don't spend too much time on them. You have little space in the buttons anyway, and while skyscraper or banner ads do work better if you design them properly, there aren't that many good slots for them on PW yet.

For webcartoonists, PW is good for picking up crumbs in a large number of mini-campaigns - bids on sites that have ad space available for little or nothing. Use what you have and save your work on newer, prettier ads for bigger campaigns (I think there will come a time when I run bigger campaigns on Project Wonderful, but that won't be for a few months).
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

fesworks

I suppose I could, but I just wanted to make a whole new batch at the same time.... My tower ads kinda suck though :p They are self insulting or viewer insulting :p

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Ok, I put some bids in to experiment with this.... so far I am not sure how they figure out how much you per minute/hour/days you are buying.... Unless its so obvious I missed it... I bid 20 cents until I am overbid... but is this 20 cents per hour or day? And then is it recalulated to the minute?

I'm sure its somewhere, but I just did not find it... Unless its so obvious I missed it... Could not find it in the FAQs when I asked "cost per day" or per hour.

*shrug*

I guess I'll find out as the week unfolds.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

It's per day, recalculated to the minute. Look at "My money" for an overview, though it won't be all that meaningful if you haven't yet got any bids accepted.
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

Yea, its starting to make more cents now (ok, bad pun :p). I have one active ad thus far. this is pretty interesting.

Side note: Reindeer, Holy crap have I been having a hard time drawing Kel naked!!! And I thought it took me forever to draw Lucy's breasts... and she had a shirt on! Anyway, I'm still inking the comic and hope to have it up within 2 hours of this post... since it was discussed here, I'll post here again when its up :P I reworked the "plot" of the strip like 4 times with a different scenerio. I think this one works the best and I find it funny. :p

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Well, Its funny to at least me... fucking bitch to draw everything... had to draw everything seperate and resize... not my favorite method...

http://fesworks.com

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

But it's there now. I wonder how long it takes for the Crossover and Cameo Archive folks to discover it... nice work!
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

Thank you!

haha, Well this is one of those archive people that allows people to submit an alert to them of such an event... i forget the place, but I remember I needed to tell them to add a few Badly Drawn Kitties cameos into DMFA, not to mention my own comic...

I love doing cameos.. even if their presence may be a bit too inside, its one of things I wanted to do with the comic to begin with. I think Its in my Application here too. I always get permission for cameos and such.

Lucy - BDK
Sabrina & RC - Sabrina Online
Kel - ROCR

future:
Zelda - Life's a Witch
Kel - ROCR
Skippy - Freedome Fries
Jack - Jack
Mike, Brad, Jade, Zelda Serenity - Punks & Nerds
Lucy - BDK

waiting on a responce for Otra & Winter from Girly.

sometimes I feel like I made a webcomic to further geek out over webcomics I like :p

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Holy Crap! I'm on there already!?!?!

EDIT:

I wonder who submitted them... I wonder if it'd be in bad taste to submit notices on your own comic... would that be in bad taste? personally, I elect to wait for someone else to notice it... seems more exciting :p

anyway, yea that was the site I saw before. I just submitted 4 BDK cameos that appear in DMFA :D

Back on the Subject: Project Wonderful is pretty damn sweet! I gave myself $8 to work with and its been pretty fun doing this! I've only been sticking around the cheaper ones... not a wide variety of sites at that level though.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

Quote from: fesworksHoly Crap! I'm on there already!?!?!

EDIT:

I wonder who submitted them... I wonder if it'd be in bad taste to submit notices on your own comic... would that be in bad taste? personally, I elect to wait for someone else to notice it... seems more exciting :p
That must be a very recent entry, as the last time I checked I couldn't find you on there.
I submit things from my own archives, because they clearly hadn't got noticed yet at the time.

QuoteBack on the Subject: Project Wonderful is pretty damn sweet! I gave myself $8 to work with and its been pretty fun doing this! I've only been sticking around the cheaper ones... not a wide variety of sites at that level though.
Yeah, it's time Ryan sent out some invitations. I think that's the flaw in waiting until there are enough advertisers to fill the site - the advertisers are waiting for suitable hosts. Someone should remind Ryan of the Metcalfe effect.
Reinder Dijkhuis

reinder

Rrright! Project Wonderful ads are live on my front page and in my archives! I've given them a spot where they're hard to ignore; we'll see how well this works. Xepher cartoonists, now is your time to put up ads on my site, because they're still going for $ 0, and I know from years of linking to other comics that a link from my site is worth a little bit more than that :P
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

I would, but all my money avaialable (as limits) are tied up right now, but I might be cancelling a couple soon.

Other than that I just spent $500 on a Wii, extra controllers and 3 games :D

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

dragyn

Heh...I think I'm in already.  I don't have any money, but as long as $0 is enough, I'll stick around.

reinder

I saw your ad, but it was outbid overnight. Thanks!
Reinder Dijkhuis