News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Disk Usage, Rules Violations, and Lack of Updates

Started by Xepher, December 11, 2006, 03:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

...are the reasons you may find your account temporarily disabled. About 2 dozen accounts haven't updated since February or earlier. Also, several accounts are excessively large for the amount of content they actually contain. Most often this is the result of someone storing/sharing music, software, or other unallowed stuff in their account. I've locked all such accounts as of today, so anyone finding a message on their site saying the account is disabled should contact me to resolve it. Nothing has been deleted, and it can be unlocked at anytime.

The reason I'm checking disk usage is that the drive storing user data is about 80% full right now. It's taken nearly three years to get there, so even at current rates of expansion, it's still good for a while yet, but it look that about a dozen users are responsible for about half the total usage, so I'm trying to curb that. On that note, anyone that has a lot of junk laying around their account is encouraged to delete what they can. I don't care about small things, like a few megabytes or so, but if you've got a hundred megs or more of stuff that's not part of your site, or can otherwise be deleted, please do so.

Thanks Everyone!

Databits

(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

IDE... but the real issue is that it's not physically where I am. I can't reconfigure it easily. Really, I'm just trying to get the people that are really wasting space. Take care of a few of those, and it's good for a while yet. I have some stuff I can get rid of too... like 3 years of log files. :-)

The point is just to make it last a while longer. I'm still planning to build an entirely new server sometime in the coming year.

Databits

I went ahead and reduced a large amount of the junk that was on my space. Ran a backup, pulled the tgz off the server and removed the files. Hope that helps on my part. ;-)
(o.O)    

fesworks

Well, I recently started a Netcast... 3 files already, coming in at 64 MB, Once weekly coming out.. but I hope to make them less than 25 minutes. Other than that, I have redone my site's contents a bit already. But so far everything is related to my main site... *might* be starting another comic soon.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

My site is very small, so I doubt I'm using up much space at all.  I was planning on adding a side project for some photography, but that can wait.  ^_^
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

I don't think anyone here is the problem. If I didn't lock your account or email you personally, I'm not too worried about it. There's only about ten sites that are really excessive on disk use.

dragyn

Well, I had duplicate copies of all my comics, for some reason.  They're gone now.

Now I just have to figure out why I had them...

Databits

(o.O)