News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Animated sig

Started by RoxorFuxor, September 12, 2005, 11:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxorFuxor

This is my first animated sig, how's it look?

Gwyn

it's kinda slow, you could have it fade quicker, or have the name fade in as the character fades out.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Databits

I agree, It took me awhile to figure out that it was changing until the text appeared.

Also, being the letters have no outline, they seem to blend a lot into the background at the sides.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

It looks fine, but I want to smack you for making a 1.6mb GIF file! You seriously need to optimize that sucker.

robynie

I got tired of waiting for it to load.  Optimize optimize!  ^___^

RoxorFuxor

I did!  I used image ready, and that is low as it saved under optimized.  I didn't really intend it to be a sig, I just wanted to try it out.  

That is it going faster, and with a highlight around the edge.  I forgot to upload this version.  (Still a high file size)

Databits

Quite a bit better for the text. Yeah, the file size needs to go down.... do you have repeating frames within it?

I went ahead and did some image optimizations... the framerate is a little faster now, but it's nearly half the size, take a look (used Jasc Animation Shop 3.04):

(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

RoxorFuxor

Awesome.  I am not really looking to use it as a sig though, I don't much fancy animated ones, I just wanted to have something that looked pretty, thanks though! :D

EDIT: also, the picture of grave is kind of fuzzy (on all of them), so I don't think I'd use it.

ChaosArchivist

Nice animation though... looks cool
Observing Chaos in action since before the new millenium

Phelerex

Quote from: RoxorFuxorAwesome.  I am not really looking to use it as a sig though, I don't much fancy animated ones, I just wanted to have something that looked pretty, thanks though! :D

EDIT: also, the picture of grave is kind of fuzzy (on all of them), so I don't think I'd use it.
good thing you don't plan to use it, because it slows down my lame computer.
BOW TO ME, MY MINIONS-er-I mean, uh, here, have a cookie!
Millions of years of evolution and we humans eventually end up with duct tape.
Naw, it can't be heaven. Not enough twinkies.

Sabo

Quote from: RoxorFuxorhttp://gladmorin.xepher.net/gungrave1.gif

This is my first animated sig, how's it look?
nice dude and dude if u get msn try to chat whith me my msn address : no1fears@hotmail.com

blade80sqn

HI ALL NEW TO SITE BUT KEEP TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN SIGS WHAT PROGRAMS DO YOU USE FOR FREE LOL AT MOMENT IM USING PAINT SHOP PRO PLEASE HELP THANKS

Xepher

Blade: Check your caps lock key, it seems to be stuck in upper case. Also, your period, comma, and apostrophe keys seem to be broken, as they're not showing up in your sentence.

fesworks

Quote from: XepherBlade: Check your caps lock key, it seems to be stuck in upper case. Also, your period, comma, and apostrophe keys seem to be broken, as they're not showing up in your sentence.
hahaha!

Also I use a copy of... Photoshop, Irfan Viewer, and MS Paint to make my stuff.... i haven't used paintshop for ... 15 years.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

amorz

i think the animation is to slow