News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

High Score!

Started by Xepher, September 04, 2005, 12:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

I just got the highest score I've ever seen!

...then I realized I was at a gas pump.

1 tank of gas
3.15 per gallon
42 gallons of fuel
132 dollars

I left the place laughing a bit hysterically (Many brontasauri died to bring us this fuel!) but I was whimpering on the inside.

tickyhead

........*eye twitch*

and suddenly 1.75-ish for gas doesn't seem so bad...
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Ashley_Rose

I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Lei

Gas has just passed 100 cents per litre over here...

don't know how that measures up off the top of my head.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

gracey

Yikes! I'm feeling kinda sorry for my friend coming up from the States to visit her mom once a month.
"Watch it Jeff, she's packing ovaries!" - Patrick, Coupling

Databits

It was up to $3.29 / gallon here. Today it was back down to $2.97. But still! It's stupid... I say open our own oil wells exclusively to the U.S. and deny oil relations with the middle east and them 100%. That'll catch their attention.

They are ripping us off to no end. Why? WHY? What is the excuse this time? I would gladly buy an alternate fuel source vehicle. But with a worthless president in office who supports the oil industry (why wouldn't he? he has a hand in it himself), I can't see anything short of him being removed from office doing this situation any good.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Ashley_Rose

Have you been listening to the public radio? (they actually, you know, put news there) Unfortunately, only one place in the entire US can accept those ginormous oil tankers. (stupidly, may I add) And that place is?

New Orleans.

Where is New Orleans? Immersed in water.

Though, Adam and I (he was reading over my shoulder) totally agree 100% with you on the oil thing. There is no reason we should keep with the middle eastern countries. Though, something that is nagging at my mind is that I thought the US had control of the oil wells in Iraq.

I might be mistaken.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Databits

Well I know we have a lot of oil here under Michigan, but you can't drill it because of the environmental protection bastards. You know, as far as I'm concerned, screw them, desperate times and all.

I also tend to wonder, if we have an east coast AND a west coast, why is it that the only place that can accept it is New Orleans?
(o.O)    

Tafkae

That kind of prices make me glad I never learned to drive.

trekkie1701c

Quote from: Xepher3.15 per gallon
Where do you live?  Gas is all but nonexistant here (my state's supplied by two pipelines that run through Louisiana).  Most stations have prices between $3.50 to $4, and the lowest seen are only twenty cents cheaper... for regular gas.  A few places don't even have gas at the moment (shipments are scarce and going to where they're most needed - government, schools, emergency response, etc).
What are you looking here for?

Xepher

I'm in Steamboat Springs, and yeah, it's expensive up here, but it also looks like we (northwest colorado) may save us from OPEC. Check out this article on what Shell figured out... http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_86_4051709,00.html

Databits

That's awesome... I hope they give them penny grubbing rich oil bastards across the seas what for.
(o.O)    

trekkie1701c

Cool.  Of course, we're still going to have idiots who try to nitpick it all over the place.  It always happens (normally those people don't know what they're talking about).

Maybe the prices will drop down sometime in the next few years.  Hopefully.
What are you looking here for?

Databits

Or the government could simply start to premote GM's new vehicle technology. They have the tech and have built a car that runs off water. Think about it, what do you get when you break down the water molecules? Hydrogen and Oxygen right? Both are combustable gasses. Ingenious! Also expensive to pull of in an on demand situation like a in a car. From what I hear, they claim that what comes out of the tail pipe is simply water vapor. That should make those enviornmentalists happy.
(o.O)    

Lei

I wonder how much energy is needed though? Electrolysis takes a good long time, plus plenty of electricity to do. Not to mention is there fact that the hydrogen to oxygen volume ratio gonne be a problem?

*Just finished a chemistry book*
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."