News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Got a New Project!!

Started by fesworks, January 03, 2007, 03:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

In addition to P.S.I., I will be the new artist (for the current arc at least) for Ardra!

Trevor Adams (who originally drew 'Least I could Do' i think) was the artist for a bit over half of Ardra's current archives... and pretty much went "missing" in October. So I met Jason in The Webcomic List forums and I did some sketches of the characters in Trevor's style and he said he'd like me to draw the rest of the current arc!

Weekly updates should start in February.

Here's an example of my artistic adaptation of the previous style:

It's kind of exciting to work on a new project!

http://www.stormpages.com/bluedogbeyond/

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Not bad. I took me a moment to see which ones were the "originals." Best of luck!

fesworks

Thanks! And through the experience so far, I actually forced myself to learn a few more techniques in photoshop! So I've been improving on my own comic's production as well! (always a good thing!)

We're going to rework the site a bit I think, and he's going to look for a new host. The one he's on has uber ads, though partially masked through Trevor's old coding.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

That's pretty cool!  Is this something that happens a lot in web comics?  Everyone I know seems to want to do their own thing and I've never heard of someone taking over for someone else.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

dragyn

That would depend on the comic.  Some people like to do everything themselves, and others seem to like having other people to help them.

Also, congratulations, Fes...I think.

fesworks

Thanks guys!

Well, some people feel stronger at writing than their drawing ability... which if you view the archives at the beginning, you can see why. Same thing with Artists... personally I don't feel like I write very well... I have a lot of ideas yea, but as far as linking them together creatively? forget it! That's why my comic is all over the place :p

As far as how often it happens? I can't say, though I have seen it in a few strips already like Marilith and Abstract Gender. and to a lesser extent, Acid Reflux at it's end.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com