News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Getting audio off my DVDs.

Started by reinder, January 27, 2007, 08:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinder

Getting back to this after about a year, with a new OS version and new hardware... I'll be setting up Mplayer and the scripts again, but have there been any tools developed in the mean time that simply rip audio from DVDs in a more organised way?
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

Xepher

Not that I've used. I think there's some gstreamer based stuff that's designed for ripping entire DVDs, but I think it may have settings to do just the audio. I don't remember the name of the program though, and as I said, I haven't actually used it. Since I use mplayer as my main media player, it's a pretty simple deal for me to just run it with the "-ao pcm" flag, and it dumps a huge wave file that I can encode to whatever I need.

Sorry, I know that's probably not much help.

reinder

Well it's no big deal, except I found out just now that the old script got fried with my hard drive a year ago. That's how long I haven't bought any concert DVDs. But I'm doing decently well at reconstructing it.
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle