News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Phantasus: the art and times of little rosa

Started by phantasus, February 04, 2007, 07:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantasus

username: phantasus

e-mail: roseinwonderland @ gmail . com

hi and thanks for reading my application.

i hope to make phantasus my personal art site, and i hope to use it to showcase my artwork. it wont be a blog but i may write in it whats on my head every once in a while. i dont plan it to be a comic site but i may , in the future, post a comic or 2( nothing too long, between 3 and 50 pages more less, but i wont post anything thats not finished already ). by the moment i just plan to use it for my artwork, sketches, photography, and stuff.  
here is some examples:
 (they are all in a smaller size, if you want to see the actual size of any of them just ask me and ill post it.)

i have some basic html knowlage and a way to somewhat make a webpage whitout help , so i made this little sample page you WONT find any art work here, for it is just to show you i can do a web page.

am i forgetting something? i hope not.  so, any question, comment, critic, is welcome. =) also, please forgive all my grammar and spelling mistakes, this is not my first lenguage.

Xepher

Hmm... some interesting stuff. I like the red dragon sketch, and the fox-like thing looking up at the other beast. The latter reminds me of The Saga of Rex http://www.gagneint.com/Final%20site/books/Rex_saga/Rex_saga_main.htm.

If you've been paying attention around here much, you'll know that I'm often slow and sometimes forgetful. That said, don't let this thread die. I want to give it some time for other people to comment and whatnot, but I don't want it forgotten, okay?

phantasus

thanks, =) i did the red dragon on the back of a kids menu, im not a kid, but i look like one, so pleople in restaurants keep giving me the kids menu, but it is all rigth, i like crayolas and chicken fingers.
also, thanks for the link, i didnt knew Rex, but i like foxes and found him cute and realy enjoy reading about him.

dont worry, ill be here and post every once in a while, and answer to comments, questions and such. =) im not in a hurry, take your time.

phantasus

here there are some examples of other kinds of my art work : in this case a wooden sculpture.

and some drawings:

fesworks

I get no images... Angelfire doesn;t let you hotlink images.. though it made appear to work to you, it is not for me... Try using Photobucket....

I have not seen any of your art by these image links.

*shrug*

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

phantasus

ups! sorry! i didnt knew! and since i do could see them i guessed everyone could. thanks for telling me. :) i hope you can see them now.

fesworks

cool! That is an awesome variety of art!

I love this picture:

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Munerift

I love the first image your posted, and I did get a laugh out of your planned website. I think I'm going to give a thumbs--up! =)
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Xepher

Okay, you're definitely a pass on the art quality/quantity. What I'd like to see though is a little proof you can make a web site without using site-builder tools a la geocities/tripod/etc. Do you have any previous websites you could show us? If not, perhaps take the time to make an example and then link to it here.

Munerift

Quote from: Xepher...Do you have any previous websites you could show us? If not, perhaps take the time to make an example and then link to it here.
She did link a sample site... http://www.angelfire.com/planet/phantasus or did you mean something different?
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Xepher

I'm an idiot... there were so many pictures I didn't see the text below them as part of the same post when reviewing it this morning (even though I'd seen it before.) Anyway, yeah, you seem to know enough HTML to muddle through things. I'm assuming that if you get a site, you'll be spending a bit more time on making a better site, yes?

One minor/personal complaint (that is, it doesn't have bearing on your accept/reject status): why are the buttons all little flash applets? It's quite annoying, because there's no way to right click and copy links (say, if I wanted to show a friend) or something. Why not just use regular images?

phantasus

thansk for the coments, im glad you liked my art :)

umm..well i like flash, but i can change them, also , yes, i do plan to spend more time on a permanent website, angelfire just gets me stressed whit all the banners, and i feel i cant do anything whitout them getting in the way!

Xepher

Okay, you're in. You should have an email with instructions, please follow them.

You don't have to remove the flash, as I'm not dictating the design of your page, but it's generally good practice not to make things more complicated than they need to be. If you've got a fancy flash animation, that's great. For a simple image/link, why not just a linked image? It guarantees wider compatibility/functionality for more people, and also means smaller file sizes, so less time/bandwidth for people to view the page. Better for anyone on dialup, and better for the server load as well. (Not that it's a big deal in this particular case.)

phantasus

thank you! =D

i will keep in mind the advice about flash, and start working on it as soon as i get home ( heh, im in school rigth now. ) =)