News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Temporary Vanishment

Started by dragyn, February 27, 2007, 04:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragyn

Well, I'm gonna' be gone the next couple of days.  I'm participating in a Robotics competition, but (strangely enough) I won't have access to the internet.

So, I'll probably be back on Monday...I doubt this will affect any of you, just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Witchiebunny

fesworks

Well draw some strips while you are gone! I keep waiting for new ones!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

Robotics competition?  Good luck!  Will it be like battlebots?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

fesworks

oh, and upload pictures too!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Munerift

Good luck dragyn, I'll be rooting for you! =)
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Xepher

Man, Robotics was the one thing I miss from high school. Loved doing that stuff. What are you involved with, B.E.S.T. by any chance? That's what our school did. Anyway, good luck!

dragyn

I'm back!

@Fes:  I didn't even have time to sketch anything, let alone a comic.  Sorry.

@Griever:  No, our robots weren't allowed to fight.  That would've been expensive, and I doubt the school would have paid for that.  It would've been cool, though.  

@Xepher:  This was the F.I.R.S.T. robotics competition.  Can't say I've heard of B.E.S.T.

@Everyone Else:  Thanks, guys!  I appreciate it.

Anyway, our team ended up ranked 52 of 54.  Not that bad, for a rookie team.  It feels good to be back, though.

Gwyn

What do these acronyms stand for?
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

BEST is "Boosting engineering, science, and technology." FIRST is "For inspiration and recognition of science and technology."

BEST is older, and a bit smaller scale in budget, but it's more widespread. FIRST does some much larger, bigger-budget robots, and have competitions at places like Epcot. Back when I did BEST, they'd actually sponsor state finalist teams to go on to the FIRST competition, as most teams couldn't afford it on their own

dragyn

Really?  Cool.  I didn't know that.  I knew that some teams had come from other competitions, just not which other competitions.