News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

So have you heard about that GTA:SA stuff that was goin' on?

Started by Gwyn, July 20, 2005, 08:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

It now has an AO rating,  I didn't plan on buying it anyway :p. I'm sure we can go into the censorship of videogames and what not.

If you haven't read about it, there is some Mod in which you can unlock some sex scenes in the game.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

I know it sounds like news nowdays, but this sort of thing has been around for quite a while in game. After all, you get a bunch of young lonely males programming entertainment, and it's bound to happen. In Quest For Glory 2 (which ran on 16 color monitors if you were lucky enough to have one) there was a hidden bit where the arabian princess goes to change clothes behind this screen before you try to sneak out of the palace. If you'd bought the "X-Ray Goggles" from the magic shop way earlier in the game, you could see through screen. Not that those additional 12 pixels were all that entertaining, but... Another example was the Nude Raider mod for tomb raider. Then there was the whole slew of leisure suit larry games.

Point is, it's not new, the graphics have just gotten better. Well, that, and politicians have decided that video games are finally worth making an issue of. (AKA, they actually know what a video game is now.)

Gwyn

yeah I was just trying to make general topic really :p

Xepher

No worries, I was just discussing my thoughts on said topic. Wasn't a criticism.

(As a side note, I like this quick-reply box at the bottom of the page a lot!)

griever

You can take away the shower unit in the Sims too, but that's far less amusing than setting them on fire and taking away their doors.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Gwyn

I feel so dirty, my SO has the game for xbox and we spend alot of time playing. It's funny tho.

It gave us the choice to have a baby and we accidently said yes. None of our character could sleep and where always grumpy. His dad sees this and says "yeah that's about right." I thougt it was funny :p

Gwyn

griever

"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

willsan

It's a sad commentary on American society's standards when a game about clubbing hookers to death, running over small children, doing drive-bys, killing cops, assasinating crime bosses, etc is OK, but a game about all of the above plus having sex with your girlfriend is so awful it's worthy of congressional hearings...  :rolleyes:
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
If this predicament seems particularly cruel,
consider whose fault it could be:
not a torch or a match in your inventory.

Xepher