News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

north of the city

Started by nofc, March 24, 2007, 11:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nofc

hello, it's nice to find a free hosting site finally. Well let me get to where i'm getting to, I want a site here like everyone else i seen so i'm not gonna waste to much words here.
I read the applications and rules through so i'll start off here.

my url it's simple nofc. e-mail north.of@hotmail.com

Now my site is based on my music pretty much, but i do go around my little town and take pictures and i would like to have them up there as well. If you want to listen to my music here's a site.
wemusicstore.com/nofcplease
thats all i have till i get my other little demo up there. Now i may not have to much orignality in my website but i took this class called webpage animation, not bragging but i'm pretty good at from movies ads or buttons and some beyond like mp3's ( still working on those) i can pretty much can do all of that. I do got some screen shots, not a url even though you prefer a breif website look at.
this is the enter page as seen as that leads into home.

homepage

music page

picture page (IN WORKS)

fesworks

Almost... re-read the rules. But ,might I suggest you adjust the first part which would be the that no spaces can be in the URL name... so it looks like "nofc" is what you want, you also need to put your e-mail in the post as well.

(If I don't say it, someone else is bound to say it).

that being said. The site does sound kinda of interesting. I'll listen to those tracks once I have more time though.

Good luck with the process and take care of the name and e-mail portion of you App ;)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

From what I could hear from the demo clips, Fireworks is probably my favorite, possibly followed by Sigma.  The singing in Blue - is that you?  Some of the recordings sounded really scratchy - I don't know if that was on purpose or just a side effect of whatever equipment you're using.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

phantasus

not the kind of music i usualy like, but its nice.
like griever said, some of them sound kind os scratchy.
anyway, good luck! =)

nofc

oh for the url then it will just be nofc and and e-mail is north.of@hotmail.com
yeah music is scratchy when i'm singing, it's the recording equip, i'm hoping to get new equipment becuase my mixer is out of date and it likes to speed it up just a bit. I honestly hate the equipment that why i barley use it.
thanks for the suggestions fezwork and everone else so far. thanks

fesworks

haha, well Xepher is a bit picky, (not not too anal) about applications.

Also, modify your first post to include your e-mail address.. I guess that's what I meant to say ;)

Your music was certainly interesting... better recording equipment would probably be much better.

I was playing the samples on the site and they seems to be "topping out" a whole lot (like my volume was above 100% or something). Anyway, yea, interesting music.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

nofc

url: nofc  email: north.of@hotmail.com

Now my site is based on my music pretty much, but i do go around my little town and take pictures and i would like to have them up there as well. If you want to listen to my music here's a site.
wemusicstore.com/nofcplease
thats all i have till i get my other little demo up there. Now i may not have to much orignality in my website but i took this class called webpage animation, not bragging but i'm pretty good at from movies ads or buttons and some beyond like mp3's ( still working on those) i can pretty much can do all of that. I do got some screen shots, not a url even though you prefer a breif website look at.
this is the enter page as seen as that leads into home.

THANKS FESWORKS for the suggestion

Desh

Go ahead and put the username and email right at the top of your first post.  Above "hello" so it's easy for Xepher to find.

Your music is pretty neat.  My favorite was "the fear of doing wrong" followed by "sigma."  I didn't have any trouble with volume except I couldn't understand most of the vocals in "blue."  Is there any way to listen to your songs in full without making an account or something for wemusicstore?  Some of your stuff was interesting, but then cut off because it's a preview.

Getting a temp host for the preview'd be good.  Something free like Geocities or Fortune City.  That way Xepher can get a better sense of your site and hopefully listen to your songs in full.

Good luck with the application =)

nofc

well i was thinking about getting a temp. webpage for xepher but i'm tied with work and school. well hopefully i'll get some time in for it.!

nofc

well i've been working on a temp but haven't gotten time to make it  htm yet, work kills me but i got to paid!
so I made up for that by just showing you a button and how the buttons will work, hopefully i can put flash up in my site. but heres the url:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/northofthecity/button.swf
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/northofthecity/Beforewebsite.swf

hope that satifies something

fesworks

Actual HTM pages would help better, that's for sure.

Were you planning on having the enite site as a Flash site? You'll probably have to have at least one HTML page.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

nofc

Yeah i wasn't planning on making it all flash, I want HTM alot more.

fesworks

Well, when you get the chance to get a draft site done, just send up the link.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

nofc

it's been long but I got a new layout but the pages seem to not cooperate with the swf file. but anyways if you just want to see, to get a good look at it. I'll fix the bugs hopefully

URL: http://northcity.byethost7.com/

I wish i could have done better at the moment

fesworks

Link does not seem to be working right.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com