News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Blogs: Fount of life? Or secret Nazi death plot?

Started by Xepher, March 25, 2007, 04:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griever

Doing my usual round of news reading and I thought you all might find this article interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6502643.stm
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Gwyn

Quote from: grieverDoing my usual round of news reading and I thought you all might find this article interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6502643.stm
Well I just think they should deal with those things on a per incident basis. You can't make a code of conduct for the whole "blogging community" and assume that's going to end any kind of threat or whatever. The human race can't even follow a code of conduct, let alone a bunch of people on the internet.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

griever

Ahh...yes...and even people without blogs are still jerks.  Sorry, when I read it, I got concerned in the topic of cyber bullying and forgot about the code of conduct call, which was the main topic.  x.x  Oops.

Xepher

"Code of Conduct"? How in the world does that apply to an vague idea or activity like blogging? That's like saying we need a code of conduct for dog walking or furniture shopping. I mean, sure you probably shouldn't use flamethrowers in either, but what's acceptable to some (say, bargaining over price) is insulting to others. Bottom line is, you can't have a code of conduct unless your a member of something. If you want to start a "League of Informed Bloggers" or some such, then yeah, write your code. I'm pretty sure the people posting death threats aren't likely to follow it or join though.

Gwyn

You smell funny! *pushes griever into a sandbox*

How's that for cyber bullying?
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Munerift

Yeah... I don't see such a conduct ever coming to reality.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

griever

Actually, I wish there was some kind of site that filtered membership of blogs.  Kind of like Technorati, but actually fussy about who they let in.  Only quality content and then you could search those decent blogs and find something that wasn't emo.

Gywn: I think that's Fez. :P  He lives with a giant rat.  But the usual response, at least here, is to commit suicide OR go apeshit crazy and kill the bully.  With a boxcutter.  ^-^  We could merge the tag thread with this one.  *chases after Gwyn*  :P

jekkal

Quote from: grieverActually, I wish there was some kind of site that filtered membership of blogs.  Kind of like Technorati, but actually fussy about who they let in.  Only quality content and then you could search those decent blogs and find something that wasn't emo.
Xepher's current process for websites seems to meet this criterion...

griever

Quote from: jekkalXepher's current process for websites seems to meet this criterion...
Xepher's filtering mostly webcomics, not so much blogs.

Xepher

True, I don't do blogs right now, not as a focus anyway. Many people here have blogs in addition to other content though. I do have plans for the future though, but don't count on anything, it's a long way off.