News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

I'm not dead!

Started by Gwyn, April 04, 2007, 10:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

I've just been moving. I should have internets up in a few days.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Databits

(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

fesworks

Quote from: GwynI'm not dead!
IT'S STILL ALIVE AND TAUNTING US!!! KILL IT! KILL IT!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

You don't have internets? But then how can you live? Are you like an internet vampire, undead, and only still on this mortal plain because you suck the internets out of other people to survive? Internets are like kidneys, it's nice to have two, but without at least one, you're gonna die.

Gwyn

i am actully sucking internets right now.

otrstf

Do you find yourself visiting coffee shops just to see if they have a wifi zone?  Checking any unused ethernet jack to see if it's 'live'? Using leftover minutes on old phone cards to dial up PeoplePC on your modem?

Then, you might be one of the internet undead!

--
otrstf, who has stood in the shower of his hotel room with the laptop held overhead to get a connection :)

Gwyn

nah my roommate has this "internet on the go" thing where she can just plug her modem into any electrical socket and get internet. Unfortunatly they make a sepertae one for macs and PCs and she has a mac. It also gets lower speed than a normal dsl line around here. I got the set up package in the mail today though. So no more bumming internets.

Xepher

Internet over power lines? And it works anywhere (presumably only on that electrical company's grid)? Wow. My parents couldn't get anything but dialup at their last place, and they were actually inside city limits. It bothers me that the edge of the world up there has that, and here I am, 60 minutes from Dell and AMD's world headquarters, and I'm having to be picky about where I move to just to get normal cable or dsl.

Gwyn

Yeah I know, it doesn't work everywhere yet but the company adds new compatible places every day.

Anyway I got my nets up and running. Yay.

griever

That's pretty cool...I'd never heard of that.  I doubt my parents could ever get that...we just got dsl in our area maybe 3 years ago?  Dial up is still the dominant method there.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

cha0s

Try flushing the ethernet cable down the toilet. Google will do the rest ;p
xepher puts the SEXY in DYSLEXIA

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard