News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Remember me, oldie peeps?

Started by DC Bueller, September 11, 2005, 03:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC Bueller

Hehe, it's so funny because in my D&D game last night, I became Deathless...which is the opposite of Undead; you just replace Positive with everything that says Negative.  I'm not too keen on that whole sunlight thing anyways, I was one of those peeps that actually WISHED they had midnight classes in college back in the day...or night.
Don't let the end of the world keep you from living another day.

Xepher

Quote from: Ashley_RoseEuw. No. Just werewolves. I kind of find them . . . sexy. Mmmyummy.
"You might be a furry if..." :-)

Quote from: RoxorFuxorThat "mmmyummy" reminded me of mummies.  They are undead.
Bah, mummies are just zombies with better fashion sense!

Though I suddenly had this image in my head of a shop-teacher mummy rising from the grave. He's wrapped in duct-tape and going on a rampage with WD-40.

Databits

Ghosts, Ghasts, Ghouls, Mummies, Vampires, Skeletons, Zombies, Death Knights, Liches....

There are plenty of undead types. :)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Quote from: DatabitsGhosts, Ghasts, Ghouls, Mummies, Vampires, Skeletons, Zombies, Death Knights, Liches....

There are plenty of undead types. :)
Ghosts: Okay... maybe. I'm not sure the "Un" applies though.
Ghasts: Not undead... Variety of Ghouls in D&D or Humonoid creatures in Lovecraft's stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghasts
Ghouls: Not undead... Demons from arab myth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoul
Mummies: As mentioned, just zombies with style!
Vampires: Agreed, Undead!
Skeletons: Zombies with no style what so ever! :-)
Death Knights: Umm... too many mythos here. Mostly just a zombie with armor though.
Liches: Mummies that got it right. (Preserving the soul in a canopic jar to avoid death.)

(And yes, I argue just for the sake of it!)

thefemnazi

Xepher, you are such a booger.  Although I agree that ghosts are not undead.  They're the energy left behind by a souled energy.  Well, that's my def.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Ashley_Rose

Quote from: Xepher
Quote from: Ashley_RoseEuw. No. Just werewolves. I kind of find them . . . sexy. Mmmyummy.
"You might be a furry if..." :-)
Yeeeeeah. I'm a little bit of a furry. Not like you, but just a bit. :)
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Xepher

"Booger?" I usually hear "little snot" or maybe "green thing that dangles from the nose but never falls," but rarely just "booger." :-P

thefemnazi

whatever you usually hear, you totally just got faced by the sped teacher.  sucks to be you.  And my insults are getting more and more creative because I really can't swear anymore.

Xepher

Oh, just ask my friends... I don't swear, so my insults get VERY creative! You may have met your match... You slime-drinking tick on a camel's rear! :-)

Gwyn

my insults are creative swears...
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Ashley_Rose

Quote from: Gwynmy insults are creative swears...
I took an LJ quiz about that. They said I was creative while swearing too.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Databits

Quote from: XepherGhosts: Okay... maybe. I'm not sure the "Un" applies though.
If they move on to whatever next realm they are *supposed* to go to.... but when they linger within the realm of the living, then they are considerable as undead. I'm pretty sure that the term "undead" applies to spirits who are forcefully trapped within the realm of the living by some sort of magic. Thus causing them to either be under the control of the master of said magic, or trapped to wander as a restless soul never to find peace.

Quote from: XepherDeath Knights: Umm... too many mythos here. Mostly just a zombie with armor though.
Actually... Death Knights are normally larger than normal, sentiant skeletons that wear full black plate and carry either a two handed sword or a large sword and shield. They are considerably smarter than zombies, probably on equal par with vampires, but much mroe deadly than most. As their name implies, they cause death. They are capable of killing an opponent in multiple ways very rapidly. The strike of a death knights weapon, gaze of it's eyes, or even it's touch are enough to kill any mortal being.

Now, as for a few more undead.

Banshee (Kind of like a ghost, but much more dangerous. The screem of a banshee can kill any who hear it. They are generally self aware as well.)
Skeleton Warrior (pretty much similar to a death knight, but not as dangerous. While they do wear armor and are very sentiant, they are not capable of causing death in the same instant manners as a death knight).
Grim Reaper (Death)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Lei

my insults are random words that fall out of my mouth. >_>

Also, Xepher, is that piccie from ursula Vernon? It looks extremely familiar..
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

thefemnazi

Xepher is a kitty-faced son of a hamster poo!

Are we talking about ghosts and banshees in the real world or in an pretend world of someone else's making?

Cuz in the real world, ghosts are what happens when the energy left behind by a souled being doesn't disperse completely, but rather gathers in a familiar place.  All that unfinished business stuff is crap, really.  Most ghosts are just hanging out someplace that they loved and felt comfortable.

Banshees, if I remember correctly, did not kill the person that heard them cry.  Rather, they had a family that they "haunted" and cried to herald the oncoming death of a person in that family.  And I believe that they are not undead, but rather a type of Fairy or Wee Folk.

Note:  All this stuff is totally MHO.  I could be wrong, especially on the ghost part cuz that's my version of a more recent theory.

Xepher

Lei: Yes, it's Ursula Vernon. She's probably my favorite artist of all time.

thefemnazi: You are a monkey-loving communist with political connections in the oil industry!