News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Happy Easter

Started by Databits, April 08, 2007, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday today!
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

fesworks

I kinda got in trouble with the writer of Ardra. He told me on Friday to try and get an Easter Special in by Sunday.

Well.. I was tired, but I still worked on it... He said to have them in Easter Bonnets and dresses.... Well... insomnia makes you see things... and I saw "Easter Bunny Suits"....

so... yea :/

hahaha, I'm trying to fix it right now :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

I had expensive burritos! ^-^

Fes, why can't you use the bunny suits?  Or is to too playboy?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Aetre

Jesus has risen. He has risen indeed! Alleluia!

NOW GO PAINT SOME EGGS AND CHASE A BUNNY!
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

fesworks

Quote from: grieverI had expensive burritos! ^-^

Fes, why can't you use the bunny suits?  Or is to too playboy?
It's not what he wanted ;)

and, no, it's not too playboy.

You can catch the link on the main page untill I update. I'll post new links here once I update.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

I always found it ironic that crosses are used to banish or ward off undead, yet the very thing they symbolize came back from death. All hail Zombie Jesus! (I kid!)

Also, saw a funny article about a chain of stores in england doing a press release about a sale, but in it, they talk about how too many people have forgotten the "true" meaning of easter, which they say is celebrating the birth of jesus. People point out the error, and they issue a correction that says "rebirth" of jesus. Finally the church stands up and is like "We, uh... actually use the term "resurrection" for that. And they issue a third release, stating the true meaning of easter, which everyone else has forgotten, is the resurrection of Jesus. Of course, that doesn't explain eggs or bunnies, or the rest. Thus, the original/true meaning is actually the old fertility rituals in celebration of the goddess Eostre.

Don't get me wrong, there's only 365 days in a year, so pretty much every holiday is bound to be on top of another holiday, but the fact that we're still doing on the bunny/eggs/grass stuff is just hilarious. Especially when you consider that so many christians, who would go to any length to prevent gay marriage, censor the airwaves, or fight any other perceived moral threat, seem to have no problem letting their kids run around with bunnies, hunting eggs, and otherwise practicing the rites of a pagan goddess. It just cements my belief that people don't so much get mad at things because they find them wrong, but rather because someone else TELLS them they should find them wrong.

Anyway, happy easter to everyone! May your eggs be chocolatey, and your saviors undead!

griever

Quote from: fesworksYou can catch the link on the main page untill I update. I'll post new links here once I update.
Heh, nice recovery on that comic. ^_^
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

fesworks

Quote from: grieverHeh, nice recovery on that comic. ^_^
haha! Yea, He thought it was good too ;) :P

Out of insomnia I was not paying attention to what Jason told me to draw the girl dressed in... and I ended up with this strip:

Then After I realized what the heck happened. I finally fixed it:

EDIT: 2nd link fixed.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Omega0

Quote from: XepherDon't get me wrong, there's only 365 days in a year, so pretty much every holiday is bound to be on top of another holiday, but the fact that we're still doing on the bunny/eggs/grass stuff is just hilarious.
If we cut out all the chocolate and cut fuzzy critters, all we'd really be celebrating is the end of fish and lasagna Fridays.  Soon enough we'd forget the holiday with no sugary traditions surrounding it (like the various saints days or the 'National' holidays like presidents day).  Don't give in to the chocolate! It's a secret plot to ensure Easter survives beyond a day for low interest car loans and half-off sales!