News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Best Job Ever

Started by Xepher, April 10, 2007, 03:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

Okay, so it still goes to Mythbusters... man I want their job... but a very close second is the Top Gear guys. This is the show I've previously linked, with Rocket Powered Mini Cooper on a Ski Jump (sadly only this low quality video available now) and the 747 vs. Car. As such, I now give you: Relient Robin Space Shuttle!

And on a "normal" day they just drive Bugattis, Lamborghinis, Porsches, or other supercars. I want that job.

Gwyn

I hate my job and want it to die, or quit, or preferably be fired cause I can't get the courage to quit :p.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Gwyn

Okay so right after I posted this I had a heart to heart with myself, and when my new semester starts I'm going to quit anyway. The reasons are, A I get the rest of my loan and B this semester is basicly a compressed one and will be twice as busy in half as much time as a normal semester. I also now where the food banks are in town ;P.

I doub't I'll have trouble finding a job the summer so I don't really need to hold it for job security.

Xepher

Gwyn

Well I want to tell her I'm leaving in a few weeks, because I could still use the money until I get my loan. I don't really NEED it though.

Maybe if they need a written letter of resignation I'll steal yours :p. Or maybe I'll have it there ready to give to her anyway :p.

Aetre

http://creamed-coconut.org/wp/?page_id=29

as for the best job? alcoholic beverage taste tester has to be up there.
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

Xepher

Heheh, it's true, don't mess with root!

As for alcoholic beverage taste tester... no, just no! Have you ever been to college? The things people will mix into a glass and then expect someone to drink can be quite disgusting. Heck, during one drunken party, I personally came up with a "brilliant" idea. I love alcohol. I love milk. I love chocolate. Chocolate alcohol is good. Irish cream is good. Chocolate milk is good. So why not mix all of them? Brilliant, yes? Well, turns out everclear curdles chocolate milk. And gin just waters it down. So by the time I was adding pitu, it was pretty nasty. I drank it anyway of course, because I was ALREADY drunk, but having to do so as a job? No thank you, I'll stick with mythbusting and supercar test drives. :-)

Aetre

fine, then: ambassador to Slovenia.

beautiful country, next to no actual politics.
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

Xepher

Okay, good try there. Still, I'd rather drive awesome cars, build rockets, and blow things up than just sit around all day... but I'm ADHD. :-)

Virmir

Quote from: XepherMight I suggest, a pirate resignation letter? :-P
You, sir, have won my utmost respect. (Heh...)

I've an office job that ranges from tolerably unamusing, to mind numbingly boring, depending on the day.  But it pays well, so I can't complain.  It also leaves me with an ample amount of daydreaming time, which is necessary for me to write my silly stories when I go home. :)
- Virmir

Xepher

This just seemed sort of in the same vein as rocket cars and other pointless industrial nerdery. Check it out. http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/07022502.html

reinder

.... aaand I just heard today that my main client, the one that's been the backbone of my attempt at making a living with cartooning, is ceasing publication. Drat.
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

Xepher

Ouch, that's no good. Sorry to hear it. Are you coming up with alternate plans, or do you have to (god forbid) get a real job?

reinder

Still thinking about it. I need to get off my butt and bill them for the last two comics I did for them (being a big publishing company, there's no danger that they'll default or anything  - they're canceling one publication, not liquidating the company. However, as the editorial team will be dissolved by May 1, there may be confusion about the paperwork, which I'd like to avoid) and that will keep me going until July. So I have a bit of time to think about it and explore my options. I am leaving open the option of getting a real job, even if it's part-time work like delivering mail. That one's always a classic part time job for artists, because it gets you outside and allows you plenty of time to work on art. The market isn't too good for that sort of work right now, though. I may also step up efforts to get more teaching gigs. These  can get very lucrative.

Meanwhile, as always, the best way for people to help me keep my morale up is to spread the word about ROCR! I've done well lately in terms of readership, which now regularly reaches 1300+ uniques. And having more readers also increases my chance at getting decent advertising revenue. I'll do some fundraising in early May, probably, as well.
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle