News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

mentalSTRIKE Productions (Application)

Started by mentalstrike, April 26, 2007, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalstrike

username: mentalstrike
email: mentalstrike AT gmail DOT com
Description:
mentalSTRIKE Productions is a small yet growing video game production company. Currently we are working on a 3D Action/Adventure game called Second Reality. Freewebs is not a nice place to be trying to host lots of files or even a few. I pretty much had to have 5 or 6 account with only one being the actual site. The others were used to hold files and such. The current home for mentalSTRIKE Productions is here but we just recently got hit with a major virus that was on the network I was on at the time so we've had to recouporate. Most of the pages aren't up as of yet, but I still do have the files backed up (funny story, the virus originated from a Chinese pharmicidical website... and our site right now is completely safe and virus free... It took awhile to track it down though)
Also, we have a forum. I haven't used it yet though...Just got it set up and everything. The forum is located here

By the way, does using Diprotodon still work?

fesworks

Refer to this thread first, then re-edit this thread to make a proper Application
http://www.xepher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

mentalstrike

thanks for the help! Wow...I was compltely off on that one...maybe next time I should read the instructions and the rules not just the rules huh? Okay, update finished. Sorry about that. Better?

tickyhead

Well, it'd be nice to hear a little more about what your project actually IS, maybe a few pictures of what it looks like and things too.

Also, I'm going to assume that you won't be using the samurai champloo layout if you're given hosting here?
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

mentalstrike

Quote from: tickyheadWell, it'd be nice to hear a little more about what your project actually IS, maybe a few pictures of what it looks like and things too.
Umm...I'm not sure what else to say...umm...as far as pictures, we're not really far enough into development to be able to post pictures of the actual game. We have some concept art that I could scan and a chracter which I can post right now if you want me to...
Quote from: tickyheadAlso, I'm going to assume that you won't be using the samurai champloo layout if you're given hosting here?
Of course not...that was just a temporary layout to keep my affiliates until I could finish the new one. Like I said, we got hit by a virus and it killed everything...

griever

How recent is recent on that virus?  I really have to ask because you say you have the files backed up, but the site is still incomplete, even the graphics section.  If everything was backed up, it should have taken only a day or so at the most to get the site up and working again.  There are also free file hosts that let you hotlink - uploading all your examples of graphics would be easy and strengthen your application.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

mentalstrike

Quote from: grieverHow recent is recent on that virus?  I really have to ask because you say you have the files backed up, but the site is still incomplete, even the graphics section.  If everything was backed up, it should have taken only a day or so at the most to get the site up and working again.  There are also free file hosts that let you hotlink - uploading all your examples of graphics would be easy and strengthen your application.
Recent is about two weeks ago although right now, the network is holding most of our files hostage until they find out who put the virus on in the first place. They have reason to believe that it was purposeful seeing as it was attatched to a project that was due that day that was mostly unfinished...however, the owner of the project has claimed to have not done anything to the files at all except he did email it to his friend to finish for him. So until the admins of this network sort everything out, my files (including all of my graphics) are locked off as a sort of general punishment. I'm working on negotiating so I can get a few of them for examples but these are busy people.  Also, the network filters file hosting/sharing sites. Oh yeah, character conept art...:

Alamane Nicholas, the main character for Second Reality
EDIT
I just thought of something...I could make a few graphics in the next couple days and use those as examples. They would be a lower quality than usual though because I normally take a day or two to plan things out.

griever

What was the URL for that site?  Maybe we can find an archived version and save the trouble of having to create some demo images.

dragyn

You mean the freewebs one?  or did they have another one and I'm just missing it?

griever

I assume they were previously hosted elsewhere, as the virus hit them "on the network [he] was on at the time."

dragyn

mentalstrike

It was the freewebs one. Except, I edit the files on my computer then upload them to freewebs. I have actually never been hosted anywere else. I haven'tt ried until now. Until now, I was content to deal with freewebs' problems. But now that I know that there is something better, I'm gonna be running from freewebs as fast as possible

mentalstrike

...if applications are closed that means I don't get hosted huh?
...oh well :P
I have some graphics ready...The PCs are running slow today though so I may have to upload tomorrow

griever

Applications are closed only for the server move. ^_^  You still have a chance, I think.

Xepher

Yes, "in progress" applications will still be finished out. No NEW applications can be posted though. I should go clear that up on the status post...