News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Rules Concerning Political Topics

Started by Xepher, April 28, 2007, 09:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

There are likely to be many political threads here as the U.S. goes into this "tragically early" presidential election season. Political discussion tends to bring out the worst in people, and as such, isn't usually conducive to community welfare. This being, above all, an internet  community, I don't want to see people get divided or hurt by political debates. With that said however, I think most of the regulars here are fairly sane and rational people, capable of separating political discourse and disagreement from the other aspects of life. Keeping that in mind, I'm going to allow political topics and discussion here, even if it gets heated, so long as the participants remain at least somewhat civil, and do NOT carry grudges or issues over into non-political threads, or other aspects of the community here.

I reserve the right to delete, lock, ban, or otherwise censor any post, topic, or person breaking what I feel to be the rules of rational discourse. I state here, in advance, that I hope it does not become necessary for me to exercise this right, but if it does, know that I do it in the interest and maintaining this community, and will NOT use it to further my own (or anyone else's) beliefs. agendas, or arguments.

Now, that said, let the debates begin!

Gwyn

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

Aetre

i'm voting ron paul!

...or libertarian if/when he doesn't win the nomination. yay polly tix!
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

cha0s

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!! :P

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Oh wait http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/9C9638D7-97F3-4807-A46B-5B6E88683AE1/

Operation Gladio never existed!!!! xD
xepher puts the SEXY in DYSLEXIA

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

Xepher

Yeah, I don't even remember the name of the last libertarian candidate... and I even voted for the guy! :-)

gopus

That's great that you decided to allow us to discuss certain topics on your free thinking site, despite the fact that we might hurt each other's feelings.

Xepher

Ah Gopus... you just love trying to find logical fallacies in people's behavior, don't you?

Miluette

I don't like discussing politics because it's boring and people get way, waaaay too fussy about things.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

I'm unstickying this because... well, politics doesn't seem to be popular enough here to warrant it. Yay!