News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Being a Tease

Started by jekkal, April 30, 2007, 01:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jekkal

'Cause I can, and 'cause it'll be at least a week before this makes any sense anyway:

Unless any of you have strong opinions one way or the other about teaser panels in comics...

fesworks

I just don't like being teased in general. I had enough of that when I was a kid. I don't need girls teasing me for the sake of teasing. I don't need my emotions messed with.... but that's a different issue all together.

as far as this art piece, damn you! I really want to know what's to the left now!!!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

I'm curious how you do your line work. It's very clean, and the lines have dynamic width to them. I'm guessing it's vector, but I guessed the same about penny arcade, and he just uses ink brushes in photoshop.

jekkal

Quote from: Xepher on May 01, 2007, 02:32:02 AM
I'm curious how you do your line work. It's very clean, and the lines have dynamic width to them. I'm guessing it's vector, but I guessed the same about penny arcade, and he just uses ink brushes in photoshop.

An old edition of Adobe Illustrator + my tablet, so you guessed right on the vectors. I used to try and get similar results in Flash MX, but I got sick of it after using it for about a year (though every now and then I go back for things - the Last Resort 'Bullethole' logo was done in Flash, for example) My understanding's fairly limited in Illustrator, but enough to have a good grasp as far as varying line widths go.

I've been sketching fully digitally this summer, though sometimes I'll do a test run in my sketchbook first for the general gist of things.