News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Back for more!

Started by dragyn, May 11, 2007, 05:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragyn

Trying again, this time seeing what I can do with less organic subject matter.

Is it just me, or did that last sentence sound a lot worse than it is?

Xepher

Pretty good. Linework is pretty clean and even, and there's enough layers of shading to give it some depth. The lanterns(?) on the walls look wrong though. The leaves or shrouds or whatnot have no depth, even though they're supposed to be wrapping around a semi-spherical object in the center.

fesworks

pretty cool!  by the way, your latest comic looked a bit different, but good, although I agree with you on the backgrounds. Still characters looks really good.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

dragyn

@ Xeph: Hmm...depth you say?  Any suggestions on how to give them depth?

@ Fes:  The characters took all my time, so the background suffer.  Of course, in trying to find a way to save time, I've wasted it all...

griever

I think it looks pretty good...my only suggestion is that the cracks in the rock? should be darker.  There's something triangle shaped on the right, which, on first glance, just looked like a triangle floating on the page.  Maybe the next darker shade down would make it more crack-like?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Well, if they're lights, then the outside/back of the shrouds should be a LOT darker than the inward facing bits hanging underneath. It's really all about shading. You can draw a circle, and say it's a sphere, but until you shade it, it just looks like a circle.

dragyn

@ Xeph: Ah!  Got it!  The reason there's still so much light on them is that I was going to have another light source, and changed my mind.  Shoulda' thought of that.  My bad.  (It's also why so much light exists around the train)

@ Griever:  Hmm...yeah.   I even planned to, musta' forgot when I was adding the last layer of shading.  Again, my bad.  The shadows in the walls might should be a bit darker, though that would just mean changing the transparency of a few layers...not much trouble.  Maybe I should try that...

Oh, by the way:  there's a somewhat larger (1024x768) version at http://beastling.xepher.net/PE/PETrainWP1024x768.php where my lines didn't get quite so squished.  I need to be more careful in resizing...