News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Yet again, seeking advice (or commentary, at least)

Started by dragyn, April 28, 2007, 09:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragyn

Yup, I'm opinion/critique seeking again.  I did a lot of things different with this one (I actually drew it with the computer, for one) so I want to know what all I did wrong.  Or, ya' know, right.

If ya' want to see it as it show up on the site, it's at http://beastling.xepher.net/PE/extras.php

It's the only thing in the Extras Page right now, so I doubt it'd be hard to find...

fesworks

wow that's really good!

How did you draw it on the computer? Mouse or Tablet?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

dragyn

I drew it with the mouse using spline curves.  I don't have a tablet.  All the shading, coloring, and whatnot was done with the mouse, as well.

Major improvement?  How so?

fesworks

Awesome mousework, still.

I think he was talking about you normal color penciling. It's not a matter of Improvement to me (if that is what he is talking about) just a medium difference, and I can certainly see the the recognizable stylings as well.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

I think that's really cool (and really cute), especially considering you don't have a tablet.  I found a super cheap Wacom tablet for about $80 that I've been thinking about getting because I want to try making my own fonts/brushes.  Obviously, this will require more thought for me, but maybe it's something you'd want to check out?  I've heard that it's a lot easier from my artist friends.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

dragyn

I dunno...I still sketched it out with pencil and scanned that as a (very basic) guideline set.  I doubt a tablet would really help me.  Maybe someday, if I ever actually have a disposable income (or even an income at all) I'll look into it.

Since this takes longer than penciling...I'll probably not switch anytime soon.  I might do more PE work on the computer, though.  I did enjoy this, and for just 4 hours of work...it's a lot faster (and less smelly) than drawing with Sharpies.

Layers are great.