News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

OScommerce

Started by reinder, June 04, 2007, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinder

I've been thinking of selling more original art through my website - there seems to be a bit of interest. I want to automate things a little more than I have, and do that within my own website, because of the two art selling services that I know about, one (Webcomicsnation Swapmeet) sucks, and the other (Comicspace Market) is a subscription-only service and the idea of paying just to test it puts me off a bit.

So I've been looking at OS Commerce. Does anyone on Xepher have any experience working with that? Is it easy to integrate with CMSes?
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

Databits

(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

reinder

Hmmmm... How about Freewebshop? I've noticed that Dresden Kodak uses that in a way that's similar to what I have in mind, though from the software's website it appears to be too membership-oriented for my purposes. I want any schmuck coming in from the streets to be able to drop me $ 75 for an original, not just signed-up members :)
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

Xepher

Wish I could help, but I haven't tried an online store setup since... frack, I was in high school, so '98 maybe. It was actually my first time learning PHP and mysql, but the project got canceled, and I haven't had a need for one since.

Databits

My specialty lately has been online payment and store systems, but I don't have any sort of online software package for it. Usually custom jobs in my case for gateway interfaces.

OScommerce, while I don't care for it, works.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]