News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

A guest comic I did

Started by reinder, June 08, 2007, 09:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinder

I've got a guest comic on Jelena Saiso's Weekly this week. Jelena and I are on the same wavelength about a lot of things, so writing this one was a breeze. I did cheat a little with the drawings, though - that Vortex was the easiest background I've made in a looooong time.
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

Xepher

Heheh... was that the Tardis that went flying by? I love non-sequitur references to flying phone booths. In a related note, my air conditioner sounds like the Tardis every time it starts up.

reinder

Yep. I suggested to Jelena that she could have other time/space traveling characters in the Vortex as well.
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

fesworks

Sorry... I don't recall who Tardis is.. Is that they one character that was in an earlt ROCR strip with Kel's sister?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Heheheh... The "TARDIS" is the flying phone booth they're dodging. It's the "Time And Relative Dimension In Space" vehicle the Doctor uses in Doctor Who. It just looks like an old British police call box on the outside, as a sort of disguise. The inside is, of course, bigger than the outside. :-)

Everyone should have to watch at least a few episodes of Doctor Who at some point, as part of general culture knowledge. Same way you should know the word "Rosebud," the line "It's alive!," who Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are, what's so special about 42, and why Oedipus loved his mom so much. Even if you never watch or read the full stories, it's good to at least be aware of them.

fesworks

I saw like one Dr. Who episode and I think it was the American version... but I dunno. I was like 10 or something.

also, I didn;t know what "Rosebud" was until College when I finally saw the movie related to it.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

dragyn

Ironically, "Rosebud" is the only one listed that I don't get...

Xepher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane

I've never seen the movie myself, but the word "Rosebud" is something that gets enough reference in everything from star trek to south park that it's something everyone should at least know of. Doctor Who has been around long enough I think it should get at least some of that same status. :-)