News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

PSI's 2 year / 200th Strip Special (Strip + Animated video)

Started by fesworks, July 02, 2008, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

PSI's 2 year / 200th Strip Special (Strip + Animated video)

Yes! I finally made the two-year mark (technically July 10th I think), and 200 strips!

I am running a special, extra tall, strip. Thematically paired up with an animated video I also made. Nothing THAT special, but good for a laugh.... i hope anyway o_O

Find it all at http://fesandernst.com !

Here is just a sample:

Archive purposes:

http://fesandernst.com/00200a.htm

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Okay, that was pretty funny. I don't really realize how many memes are jammed into my head these days, or just how big of a nerd I am, but... well let's just say I now have to go hunt down that particular Loituma remix (I thought I had them all.) :-)

fesworks

The song I used was from the "official" music video, which its kinda like Night at the Ruxburry from SNL or something.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

No, it's not the "offical" one... Someone just put that to get more traffic. I have both loituma albums... they're a finnish FOLK music group, no techno (or even instruments) involved at all in that song. Here's a live video of their version of it. http://www.city.fi/antitv/klippi/1748/?flash=10&location= The album version is of course better produced, but sounds similar... being acapella and all.

Still, not that I don't like the remixes. I'm glad I now know where you got your remix from... so I'll be adding that to the collection. :-)

fesworks

I knew they were accapella .. or how ever you spell that... but that's what the thing said... Though I thought it really didn't make sense and looked crumby :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

tickyhead

Is it bad that the one thing I kept thinking was that you didn't use the original Loituma and Numa songs, and that the Caramelldansen dance was animated too slow?

I think I spend too much time on the internet, because that was really fun to watch...
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

fesworks

Quote from: tickyhead on July 03, 2008, 07:26:17 PM
Is it bad that the one thing I kept thinking was that you didn't use the original Loituma and Numa songs, and that the Caramelldansen dance was animated too slow?

I think I spend too much time on the internet, because that was really fun to watch...

I used the actual official English version of Numa Numa and I used a not-so-used version Loituma's Leva's Polka on purpose. I actually didn't think there was a big different between the original Numa and the English version.. at least not for the segment I used. For Leva's Polka, I wanted something a bit more peppy than the original, and the version I picked had it "skip" in that part, and it gave me the idea to make the static switch between animations.

The Peanut Butter Jelly one was my least favorite.. there was supposed to be another animation before then, but it would have killed me to do it... and seeing how the Intro animation turned out as it did, it would have frustrated me to hell.

Actually, The Caramelldansen dance was NOT animated too slow. IF you've noticed in various videos, characters that don;t really want to dance it, dance slower, but still as a reasonable pace. Ernst clearly did not want to do it.

The "inside joke" for the animations is described in the video Description. I don;t really like "me-me"s that much, and the whole thing, the 200th strip and the 2-year video special are a big sarcastic joke. I try my hardest to keep "me-me"s and pop culture out of P.S.I. (though a couple have slipped in). The special was a chance for me to scratch the itch that has been nagging me, because I actually have a love/hate relationship with "me-me"s.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Heh... just watched the video again because it's funny. The benny hill part reminded me of the eminiem vs. benny hill remix. Searching for the music, I found that there's actually a pretty funny doctor who video attached as well. Double win! http://youtube.com/watch?v=PW0H_rprV-g (FYI, this is the only way I find Eminem listenable.)