News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

This is what I call news!

Started by Gwyn, June 27, 2007, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

"MSNBC Video BETA" is right. Stupid thing doesn't play, none of the buttons work, it just leaves a big blank box in the middle of the page...

*Fiddles with stuff* Ah ha, if I put my left hand on my shoulder, stand on one foot, and then click the mute button twice, followed by the "add to playlist" link, then skip back, it finally plays it. I can only hope I'm playing the right video... that is, the anchor tearing up the paris hilton "story."

Yeah, finally someone actually stood up and did that, I just wonder if the whole "tearing up the script" thing wasn't scripted/planned itself. I mean, it's sure gathering ratings for some show I've never heard of.

tickyhead

I couldn't even watch it in firefox. Even though I swear I have the latest version it keeps telling me "oh you need Firefox 1.blah blah blah." Finally I got it to work, and I think it was at least a little worth it. That clip was GREAT. It's good to see at least somebody realized that all that celebrity crap isn't real news. However, considering that this video was right below it on the "most watched" list, and even made it to the editor's picks, it looks like we've got a loooooong way to go before mainstream "news" is actually news.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Gwyn

Yeah the fact that it might be scripted is a bummer, but I hope it's not.

I was also trying to find a youtube link but couldn't. See I think about you guys!

Gwyn

Aetre

"Not even the Human can stop me now..."