News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

In Need of Good Guestbook Scripts!

Started by Thu, July 09, 2007, 03:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thu

Okay, to tell you the truth, I've already found an 'okay' guestbook script, but I'm searching for a better one. One that's -AD-FREE-. Dang. Everyone uses {SIGN MY GB} for that awesome ad-free guestbook. Now that it's popular, they start to charge! $1.99 for a little guestbook!  :o I see people use good guestbooks using PHP. I'm a complete N00B at the PHP, MYSQL stuff. I'm only comfortable with JavaScript, XHTML, and CSS. Do you know any place that hosts a free, ad-free guestbook that can be added to the site in stead of linking to it? Like.. guestbooks like: This One, and This One. I don't want a guestbook like bravenet, or those other ones that can't be within a custom webpage. Please do reply with a solution!  :)   

griever

"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Thu

I seem to have a problem with both of them.

With the bookie, it uses PHP. I don't understand PHP at all, so it's hard for me to understand anything or customize.

With the dreambook, I have to make an account with dreamhost. And it's definitely not free.

:(

Databits

Not to sound rude or anything, but have you tried google??
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Thu

Quote from: Databits on July 09, 2007, 02:54:56 PM
Not to sound rude or anything, but have you tried google??
I know I know. But things are so confusing for me, I have to sign up for an account and then probably waste a few minutes of my life using a 'not-good enough' guestbook. I'm just asking if you guys recommend a good guestbooks like those examples.  :)