News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Have you Noticed?

Started by Thu, July 09, 2007, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thu

(LOL) A couple of posts I see are "spam" and "jokes" and "posted by people who don't read the rules". And ,(please don't yell at me), I find it when Mr. Xepher tries to make things clear and explain things in a mature manner, the person spoken too feels stupid and sorta dissappears. Well, that happened to me. LOL. I didn't have FTP when he told me that FTP was what I needed to make my site... I ran away, too. But... well... here I am. Back! In a new account, though.  :(
It's like some of us are little kids, and Mr. Xepher seems to be the policeman. *shrug* just a thought that came into mind.  :)

Gwyn

They're called Police Officers now to be PC.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

griever

Mr. Xepher runs the board.  Mr. Xepher is the only admin.  So yes, Mr. Xepher is the police officer.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Databits

Well, think of it this way.

How would you feel if you had a set of simple rules or policies, which are clearly outlined, and stickied in various places... yet people still ignored them on a very frequent basis? He's actually rather lenient in my opinion, as the moment someone just ignored things like the "Clarifications: Read This Before Commenting or Applying!" thread and posted an app that is completely outside the park... I wouldn't ask them to rework and resubmit like he does, I'd just flat out ban them, permanently.

He's not bad, he's a computer guy. Take it from me, trying to make sense out of things that us computer people understand very well to those who don't isn't always that easy. Many times we'll end up confusing them and not even realize it, as it makes perfect sense to us. I've been there numerous times, and I'm sure Xepher has too. So if you still don't understand something, don't be afraid to speak up and state that you don't. Because it's really hard to explain things better when you don't know that the person doesn't understand it.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Heh... Thanks for defending me Data. It's all true though, I'm doing something NICE for people (or trying to) I just ask that they follow some simple things to make it easier for me. It's quite easy to get frustrated when they don't... when people come barging in, don't pay attention to guidelines, and expect you to just give them something for free.

Also, I think Gwyn was making a joke.

Thu

Yeah. But like I said. We're (or at least some of us) are little kids.  :D And we're way too afraid of the big guys telling us what to do. But you're right. I get frustrated too when I'm doing something nice, and well.. people just don't listen.  ;D