News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

So who else gots that new Harry Potter book? (MAYHAPS SPOILERS)

Started by Gwyn, July 22, 2007, 02:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

I enjoyed it, it was a nice change from the last few. Some parts seemed a bit rushed and glossed over but all in all a fine read.

GOOD TIMES.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

So THAT's where everyone's been! :-)

I'm going to give in to OCD on this one... I've listened to all six others as the Stephen Fry (British) audio books, and I can't break the trend now. So I'm stuck waiting for a little longer.

Gwyn

Yeah all the message boards I post on are like deserted. Oh well, I finished it yesterday afternoon.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

phantasus

i do.

it was pretty weird, cux i left mexico on thursday (the day harry potters movie started showing on the movietheaters) and then, i comeback to mexico on saturday ( the day the book came out! ) i didnt get to see the movie until yesterday.
as for the book, i was not as exited about it as i have been for the other ones, i dunno why but the waiting for this was diferent.
friday nigth i went out for dinner whit my brother and his family and his youngest son started to cry ( he is a 5 months baby ) so i took him out for a walk , and why not? to the bookstore (it was realy near, not a big one , a small one ). i was surprised to see all that people and the harry potter stuff and such, im used to things like that in big bookstores on mty, but it seem every small bookstore there was having his own harry potter party. that made me want to get the book now ! unfortunately, sale starts at midnigth and it was only 8 pm. and they gave me harry potter party things anyway  ;D ( posters and plastic magic wands and those sticks that glow when you movethem.) and a cute hat for the baby. so i kind of enjoi it any way. and got book next day, first thing in the morning before going to the airport.

i havent finished it, i feel nostalgic and dont want to. so im reading it as slowly as i can and still have 5 chapters to finish it.

Databits

(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

pigeon-wing

I couldn't go to the midnight party this year because the date coincided with Otakon, but I read it once I got home. It was imperfect, but fun :3 I must admit that I'm not a hardcore fan (never reread the books, don't own the movies, etc.), I just really like Snape's character XD; Luna and Neville are enjoyable too, but I really did giggle like a mad little schoolgirl when I read the silver doe bit. I can't wait to see Alan Rickman in the last movie :3
I'm so sorry about Bella, Jack.