News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

php?

Started by Phelerex, September 15, 2005, 04:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phelerex

i'm trying to learn php, and i don't have a xepher site yet, and i don't think geocities lets you do php. when i tried, nothing showed up. is there somewhere else i can go to just test stuff out and experiment for free?
BOW TO ME, MY MINIONS-er-I mean, uh, here, have a cookie!
Millions of years of evolution and we humans eventually end up with duct tape.
Naw, it can't be heaven. Not enough twinkies.

Databits

install an apache server to your computer and install php. Then you simply run the server and write the scripts on your computer.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Installing apache on your own windows computer isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world, but it is doable. Many nifty howtos can be found on google.

As for learning PHP, it's not too difficult if you already know HTML and some basic programming concepts. If you're just worried about having to have a main page here that's PHP (for the newsbox stuff) than don't. It's trivially simple to add a piece of PHP to a regular web page. Anything that's not PHP just gets treated as regular HTML.

Rindesei

You can create HTML coding on Microsoft Frontpage right, so can you also do PHP with your HTML and still get the preveiw?

Databits

I wrote a quick installer for Windows Apache and MySQL 4

It will install the software, and services, and works on 98 SE, 2000, and XP. I just need to find a place to put it up.

It has PHP built into it, so all you'd need to do is some minor config changes to the server and you're set.
(o.O)    

otterath

If you have Mac OS X Apache is already conveniently installed.
~Otterath Streamwillow

yenfa

Why not try EasyPHP software

fesworks

what's that? like a special program that runs PHP in a virtual state on your computer?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Databits

No, it's not a virtual anything. You can very well just run the server on your system.
(o.O)