News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Car Wreck

Started by dragyn, October 04, 2007, 02:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragyn

Yeah...I hate to have my first post here in a while be a negative one, but...

I was in a car wreck yesterday.  (That is, Oct. 2, 2007)

Apparently, it compressed the bottom edge of my spine, so it really hurts to do anything but just lay around.  The doctors say that I'll recover...in a couple weeks.

This is going to inhibit my ability to get online, or to draw, for obvious reasons.

(For the record, everyone involved survived, and apparently I'm in the worst overall shape.  That's weird, to me.)

I have been around here, lurking.  Just didn't have anything to say, 'till now.

(Yes, I copy-pasted most of that from my own forum)

griever

Compressed?  That sounds scary and rather painful.  Since your doctor has a good timeframe in line, I hope your pain eases up soon.  And that there aren't further complications from all this. :(
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

fesworks

well, glad to hear that things turned out fairly well, considering what the worst could always be. I've been in an accident... well, crash once. Luckily all we needed to survive was seatbelts, as we had no airbags. Totaled the car (crashed into a dumptruck's back wheel/tire as it crossed in front of us). You're must have been much more severe though. good luck on recovery!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

dragyn

As recovery goes, I'm ahead of schedule!  Huzzah!

Our van had no airbags, but we all had our seatbelts on.  The peoples in the pickup truck all seemed okay, and walked away. 

My face is numb, and I've some real serious black eyes...my glasses are intact, though, so that's a plus.

phantasus

hope you get better soon...

pigeon-wing

Spine compressions sounds like it sucks big time, but I'm glad nothing worse happened. I hope your recovery isn't too painful!
I'm so sorry about Bella, Jack.

dragyn

Recovery isn't painful at all...it's the injury that hurts.   :P

I still can't pick things up, or bend over very far, but I can move around and it doesn't hurt, so I guess it's safe to say I'm doing good!

pigeon-wing

I'm so sorry about Bella, Jack.

Databits

Cliche! Get well soon.  ;D
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

dragyn

Fayth

This conversation, in the other forum, whent on a long time... actually, it is still going.

Ha! My first post!
Hehehe.... :-[

Anyway... how're you feeling now, in comparison to the last time I asked?
It wasn't that recent, that I asked... :P

O.o ?

cha0s

I hear zLib is good for decompression ...  :-*
xepher puts the SEXY in DYSLEXIA

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

Fayth

O.o ?

cha0s

xepher puts the SEXY in DYSLEXIA

My Music!