News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Unable to blog!

Started by jekkal, November 13, 2007, 08:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jekkal

I'm trying to update my blog, but it refuses to connect to the ftp... it's automated, so I know it's using the right password and such.

Xepher

There is no more FTP. You have to use SCP or SFTP to upload files. Your script probably won't support that however, so you may need to see what other update methods it DOES have.

jekkal

... It's Blogger.

I'm trying to use its SFTP function, but it's not working. What URL do I need to point it to the sftp server?

Xepher

I've never used anything called "Blogger." Is it a separate website or a script you're running locally? If it's local, there should be a better way than reconnecting like that, and if it's some other site... well, I'm not big on the idea of users giving out their passwords/access to other sites like that, but, well, I guess that's up to you if you trust it. Server wise, it should be the same servername you use when you connect. Usually that was xepher.net, but with the current DNS problem, try www.xepher.net

jekkal

Tried both; both failed. The site only allows for updates via FTP/SFTP, and it swears it's using SFTP...

Xepher

Ah, "blogger.com" the site... I somehow did NOT parse that earlier. Also, I'm working right now on AIM with a friend of yours... blogger.com isn't sending the SSH stuff like it should, so he's figuring out another solution.