News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

simple blogging tool

Started by kinjutsu, November 30, 2007, 04:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinjutsu

hey, I've been looking around some some kind of blog script that's simple to add to an existing site.  I've found a few that looked promising but haven't worked well, or worked at all.  Basically I want to be able to update my front page news without having to edit the html.  Any suggestions?

fesworks

Wordpress seems to be a popular one, though editing the layout is a pain in the butt if you have no idea of the coding.

I ended up with a very butchered version of a nice looking one because it was closest to what I wanted, and basically guessed, trial, and errored the whole thing, untill I got what I wanted... other than that... I dunno.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

I'm beginning to like Wordpress.  The layout stuff...if you really want to mess around with it, there's plenty of documentation.  If not, there are plenty of pre-made themes.  My only problem is that it can be very bulky (mostly in the plugin area) and there really isn't a good template system.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)