News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Shmooi

Started by Shmooi, December 05, 2007, 04:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shmooi

Hello!
It's definitely hard to find awesome free hosting and I didn't think it possible. :D

I'm hoping for the username 'shmooi'
E-mail: xchozenx@yahoo.com

This site would be my art site containing my portfolio, a shop and an artist community with a drawing/chat board.
As an amateur web designer, I make my own layout designs and all images used will be my own so no worries there. I may include a place for designs I've made to be of free use by my visitors sometime in the future.
It would also have links to other sites I'm registered at, i.e. DeviantArt

I've had this site up with paid hosting for a couple of years and took it down a few months ago, so I have guaranteed visitors.

If you'd like to see some of my works: http://reztrikted.deviantart.com/

Thanks for your time~

Edit- Here's a webpage sample: http://www.freewebs.com/jesttest/v7.htm

cha0s

xepher puts the SEXY in DYSLEXIA

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

Witchiebunny

Hi!

Your art is indeed very nice, but I'd like to see an example of your web page creation skills. I know you say you've done it before, and it's kind of a shame that you took it down. but it doesn't have to be much, just a nice template to see what you can do. There's no sitebuilder on Xepher, so this is something I like to see before I give my opinion.

Shmooi

Quote from: Witchiebunny on December 06, 2007, 07:46:27 PM
Hi!

Your art is indeed very nice, but I'd like to see an example of your web page creation skills. I know you say you've done it before, and it's kind of a shame that you took it down. but it doesn't have to be much, just a nice template to see what you can do. There's no sitebuilder on Xepher, so this is something I like to see before I give my opinion.

Thank you! I read your response and quickly worked up a little design for example. :)

griever

Nice art!  I like the variety of it.  ^_^
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

yny-u

Sample site looks pretty good to me.. My one complaint is that the links are un-labelled.. it would be nice to know what is there without mousing over and waiting. At least having some more obvious text appear when a viewer mouses over the link icons would be nice, though I would prefer to see a link name without mousing over at all - it is annoying to have to go over every link just to find what I am looking for. Although having link names can clutter up your layout, people will be more likely to click on a link if they can actually see it from the start.

Hope that helps, and as I said, other than that, the sample looks quite good.

Xepher

Your site design looks a bit... premade. Like you used the site generator at freewebs. Don't take offense if I'm wrong about that, but... am I wrong?

Shmooi

Thanks griever and yny-u. I left the links up for debate like that as I had too many ideas for them and decided to go for eye candy rather than ease-of-use since it's only a sample. :)

I've never used the site generator at freewebs and this layout was made from scratch. Everything from images to text and code was made yesterday. It probably looks pre-made because of its simplicity. I guess I could take it as a compliment.

Should I whip up another?

Xepher

No, I just don't usually see on-mouseover CSS images for a one-page example site. So yes, take it as a compliment.

Shmooi

Quote from: Xepher on December 07, 2007, 11:19:04 PM
No, I just don't usually see on-mouseover CSS images for a one-page example site. So yes, take it as a compliment.

I find CSS tons easier to work with. :D Thank you~

Xepher

Alright, you're in. You should have an email with login information soon.

Shmooi

Quote from: Xepher on December 10, 2007, 01:32:37 PM
Alright, you're in. You should have an email with login information soon.

Thank you so much! 8D