News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Holy crap, is this true?

Started by Gwyn, September 21, 2005, 12:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

I honestly don't know. I was playing last night and there was no mention of anything like that, even when I spent an hour in Ironforge (major city.) I'd guess it's a hoax, but it sounds plausible from what I know of how the WoW engine works.

Databits

I've heard of it, but never seen it in action. On AD there are only about 20 people who have ever even seen this boss, little lone spread some glitch plague (which if it were true I'm sure blizzard already fixed).
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Well, the topic title makes this the appropriate place...

The "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" quote of the year: "The other day we had a bird strike. We sent the sample to the DNA lab and it came back as rabbit. How do you explain to the FAA that we had a rabbit strike at 1,800 feet?"

The article: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,68937,00.html

AskZeek

It's true.  My friend plays on Archimonde, and he was leveling an alt, walked into town.  A few seconds later he was dead.

I wish I coulda been there.  Those kinda times need doomsayers.
When all the player's die...  the DM wins!

Miluette

Wow. More MMORPGs need something like that.

Another reason for me to get WoW someday. TxT
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Kestenvarn

A little late, but in case you guys are still interested here's a few links.

Discussion on the plague.

QuotePaging CNNMORRIS

Okay, you absolutely MUST do a story on the recent Plague that is affecting world of warcraft.

Heres the skinny: Blizzard adds in a new instance, Zul'Gurub. Inside is the god of blood, Hakkar. Well, when you fight him he has a debuff called Corrputed Blood. It does like 250-350 damage to palyers and affects nearby players. The amazing thing is SOME PLAYERS have brought this disease (and it is a disease) back to the towns, outside of the instance. It starts spreading amongst the genral population including npcs, who can out generate the damage. Some servers have gotten so bad that you can't go into the major cities without getting the plague (and anyone less than like level 50 nearly immediately die).

GM's even tried quarantining players in certain areas, but the players kept escaping the quarentine and infect other players.

I think a story on how blizzard dealt with what is now an epidemic and how it came about would be awesome.
A video of it in action. (I liked the one done for the Blackrock server better, myself.)