News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Silly Things- Age 21 warning -there is alcohol mentioned!

Started by thefemnazi, September 21, 2005, 01:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefemnazi

I posted it here cuz I thought it was funny, but if Xepher wants to take it away, I totally understand.

ADMIN: Moved to General Chat

So, I've had a long day student teaching, and decide to treat myself.  Well, I'll pretend to treat myself as there is no proper liquor store in this two-bit town.  I decide I will have a glass (or two) of Boone's farm.  And I am civilized now, so I will get an actual glass versus the old college method of swigging straight from the bottle.  I open the cupboard and there it is.  My brother's Veggie Tales cup that he stole from me.  I couldn't help myself.  I had to do it.  The French Peas told me too.

So, I was wondering.  What's the silliest similar thing everyone here has done?  It doens't have to involve alcohol, as I know not all of us are of age, but I'm just curious.  Meanwhile, the French Peas and I will go back to our pretend Blue Hawaiian.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Xepher

Heheh... Definitely has to be one time checking out of the grocery store in college. It was a thursday night, the main party night at my school (we're slackers... friday is part of the weekend) and I'm checking out with a four-pack of Guinness draught, a six-pack of Paulaner Hefe-Weizen, a bottle of Arogant Bastard Ale ("You're Not Worthy!"), and the Lion King on DVD. Never have I seen more confusion on someone's face when they're trying to decide if they need to ask for ID. :-)

Oh, and Blue Hawaian? Is that Coconut Rum + Blue Caraco + Sprite?

thefemnazi

I have no idea what it is.  All I know is that it tastes Hawaiian-y and it a lovely shade of blue.  It's the only thing I drink that I don't know what goes in it.

Gwyn

What if whoevers reading this comes from a place where 18 is the legal age to drink? did ya think about that!? HUH HUH!?

:p
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

thefemnazi

Well, what if they're from someplace where there is no drinking age?  I just put up the warning because the teacher inside me said too.

Xepher

Drinking age should be defined as "Can you see over the bar to order?" Or maybe just a "You must be this tall to enter" sign by the door. :-)

Gwyn

Quote from: thefemnaziWell, what if they're from someplace where there is no drinking age?  I just put up the warning because the teacher inside me said too.
I was just joshin with ya :p
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Lei

or one should be able to have parental consent to drink out in public. Then I'd be good :)

what? I have odd parents.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

thefemnazi

Hey, that's legal in WI.  if you have your parents with you, they can buy you drinks.  My mom used to see her students at the bars.  Course, they were always there with the parentals, so my mom starting hunting for this in order to get the parental part of IEPs written more quickly.

Lei

"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

thefemnazi

Underage drinking is pretty much ignored in WI.  Simply because cops have no interest in trespassing on a farmer's field late at night when it's cold.

DC Bueller

I can't really give a good example of the SILLIEST thing I've done, but it would probably involve something with me and bugs and me hopping on tables/chairs/the like.
Of course...if you're wanting something where I was actually drunk and silly...well, I don't remember any of it, but apparently there's some videos of my acts online...somewhere.  I don't know quite where, I just know that it was the pass-around link for a good week or two after it happened.
Don't let the end of the world keep you from living another day.

thefemnazi

thank goddess most of my friends don't have webspace and the desire to fill it with stupid things I've done.  I suck at keeping myself respectable after a few drinks.

AskZeek

Well, I originally came from southwest Ohio, which is the per-capita drinking capitol of the world.  Needless to say, I've done many a stupid thing.  My favorite was graduation night, walking out the door with several smuggled bottles of Seagrams 7 and Smirnoff, 2 steps onto the porch I trip and the bottles roll out in front of me parents : )

You know you're from ohio when that just gets laughed off.
When all the player's die...  the DM wins!

Xepher

Per-capita maybe... but for the alcohol-per-square-foot record, you have to go to College Station, Texas (where I went to college) and visit The Dixie Chicken. It's also the No. 1 college bar in the world according to Playboy. (Yes, you have to read the articles to find that out.)