News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

lightbox

Started by fraunie, May 25, 2008, 04:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraunie

So...I don't know what the deal is...but my lightbox coding (or something else) is all messed up. I don't know if it's just wordpress and the lightbox plugin doesn't want to work with each other or what, but it's keeps doing weird things that I don't have a clue how to fix.

(http://fraunie.xepher.net/blog/?page_id=39) This page gives a good example of what I'm talking about. I want the sidebard and the gallery to display separately with light box. When you click on the first image in the gallery, it wants to go to the sidebar instead and go through those first. Originally, I had the sidebar on the right side, but every time you clicked on an gallery image, those 6-8 images would just attach themselves to the end. Does anybody else run into this bug? I can't seem to figure out a way to get it to work right.

Xepher

Not sure I'm seeing the error... any image I click on the page you linked just pops up in the exact same, center-of-page lightbox style. That is, it all seems to work as it should. I'm using firefox 2.0.0.14 on linux. Perhaps it's specific to what browser you're using?

griever

Everything works fine with mine.  I'm using Firefox 2.0 on Mac OSX.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

fraunie

bah, that's not a real good page to use, but the first five images are the same for both the sidebar and gallery. It just repeats for me. Maybe the browser's doing it. I'll test it out.

fraunie

good gravy, it's even worse on safari. everything appears in different sizes. This is frustrating...

fraunie

Okay, I seem to have fixed my original issue, but now I'm concerned by how it appears in Safari. Some of the images become smaller and some are abnormally large. Is there something that can be done about that?

griever

I see what you mean and I think it's a bug in the overall script because the demo on the creator's site also breaks in Safari.  I'd either contact him and see if he can fix the problem.  Or go to the original source (http://www.lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/) and use his...his demo seems to work in Safari.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)