News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Colley will Slink

Started by the melville, May 31, 2008, 01:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the melville

Okay, I read the instructions multiple times and have been looking at everyone's applications trying to do this right. If I messed something up or forgot something I'm sorry, let me know. Thanks. :)

username: themelville

nicknames: the melville, Melanie Elaine, Elaine Orchard

email: elaine PERIOD orchard AT gmail PERIOD com

desired site name: Colley will Slink
It is just a slightly nonsensical phrase, using an old spelling of the word collie and how border collies 'slink' when they are working. I am a bit of a dog freak. :)

current work: deviant account http://themelville.deviantart.com

site description:
I would like to create an online portfolio of my artwork that would be more professional than a deviant art account and that I could personalize more (deviantart is great but after a while you get tired of all the green...). I'm currently an art student, half way through college and would like to establish a website to direct potential employers to.
I would also have comics on the site. Currently I'm working on a story based on the Norse story of Beowulf (I started the story in high school, long before the movie). While studying Beowulf, I doodled a female character to keep myself from falling asleep. (here is the sketch, beware it is an old sketch and not the prettiest http://themelville.deviantart.com/art/Where-Have-All-the-Ladies-Gone-23216004 )From that a lighthearted story formed of a rebellious woman competing with Beowulf to kill Grendel. I have a few pages completed to start and plan on uploading new pages at least weekly.
There are a bunch of other stories I have but as of now only exist in my head and a few sketches.

site design:
I have never had the opportunity to create a website from scratch but promise to make something ascetically pleasing. I'm familiar with html and am obnoxiously picky with creating graphics.

Thank you for the opportunity for a website here and sorry again if I forgot something.

fesworks

Very cool art. Though you may need to actually SHOW that you can make HTML pages yourself. It's bound to come up from someone else, so I'm saying it first :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

I really like the variety of art you have (and your dog's really cute too)!  Are you also familiar with file uploading programs?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

The art's pretty good, but like Fes said, showing us a bit of a site would be handy.