News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Emptying out my Folders

Started by sabao, August 12, 2008, 05:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabao

I'm planning to rebuild my site, since it's gotten to be quite a mess. My problem is, I can't seem delete some of the folders despite them being already empty. Is it possible for me to request an administrator to have everything on it deleted? I'll supply any needed information to verify that I do indeed own that account.

Xepher

Key thing here is "view hidden files." If it's not letting you delete a folder, it's almost always because that folder has hidden files in it. But yes, if you can't figure it out, I can wipe things. If everything you CAN delete is already gone, that pretty much verifies you are who you say as well.

sabao

Hm, that did it. Problem solved, I suppose. Thank you.

Miluette

Ohh, I did that once last year. I went crazy trying to figure it out but then realized there was a hidden file in a folder I uploaded, thanks to my handy-dandy Mac. :B Still, I was able to delete the folder in my PC's Filezilla but not in my Mac's Cyberduck. I try not to think about it.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Databits

If you learn how to use ssh/bash it's as easy as a rm -fr foldername/
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]