News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Problems with installing the smf-forums

Started by Sheera, August 22, 2008, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheera

Hi there!

While trying to install said forums I stumbled upon this problem. The files were completely uploaded to my webspace, then I went to the [...]install.php and filled out the form like this.

But all I got for a response was this.

Can anybody tell me exactly what went wrong? The asked folder already exists in my 'forums'-path so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm at a loss here. ^^; I had similar problems with the forums software I tried to install before that (phpBB 3.0) since I know that software from earlier, but after that didn't work out I tried it with smf since Xepher advised for it.

Thank in advance.

Xepher

You've got the wrong database name... see the "Database" section of http://xepher.net/help.php (Basically your database name is the same as your username... TABLE names can be whatever you want though.)

Sheera

When I use 'unwanted' as the database name I still get the same error message. ^^;

Xepher

Hmm... I found the problem.
When you changed your password, it didn't update the DATABASE password, because one of my scripts was using an obsolete option for a small utility used to calculate the username. I'd updated the new-user creation script with the fix, but I apparently missed the change-password script. Anyway, I've fixed it now, as well as updated your password. So hopefully it should work now. If not, just let me know. Sorry for the trouble.

Sheera

Hey, it works now! Thank you very much. ^^

No prob. If it hadn't been me someone else would have had that problem, so the sooner to get rid of it the better. ; )