News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

The "Yet Another Funny Video" Thread

Started by Xepher, September 27, 2005, 05:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

In my case I built a 2nd box to house Linux. There's no way I'd replace my primary system with it anytime soon. There's too many things that I can do and know how to do very well in apps for the windows environment.

I only wanted to run a Linnux box to get better at administration tasks, writing network code (specifically servers), and just plain learning the Linux environment better. I never intended to switch 100% over to Linux. After all, Linux is still not as widely used as Windows, and it helps to have continueing updated knowledge on BOTH os's while looking for a job in the field. In many situations it seems that, even if a company is running a Unix/Linux server(s), they would be running Windows workstations. If you are hired as an administrator for a company like that (which seem common), you'd better be able to solve problems in the Windows environment as well.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

trekkie1701c

Quote from: XepherNah, no hatred of macs here... well, not since OSX anyway. I mean it's really just unix undeath a lot of shiny. I like unix and shiny, so that's all good. Back in OS9 and earlier though... *shudder* Ooh... the evil! Cooperative multitasking? I mean, WTF? If you click on a menu and hold a mouse button down, the clock stops ticking! Seriously, try it. Look at the blinking clock on the thing, then open a menu and hold the button down. OS9 and prior were just horridly written pieces of software that didn't deserve to be called "operating" systems. I'd call them glorified calculators, but that would disparage a lot of excellant devices designed by engineers at Texas Instruments.

For the record, most of the same complaints apply to MS Windows before Win2000, the first (and likely the last) time MS wrote an OS that didn't completely suck.
Have to agree with you on Mac - my friend gave me a Quadra 605 to replace my dead PC.  The thing would be easier to use if the motherboard was a waffle.   I have no idea where he got this "Mac is the best OS" stuff - he's never even used OSX.  I'm starting to not like Apple either.

I belive Linux to be the better operating system, since it can use all the apps I want (even games - I enjoy Text Based games, older DOS games (Descent, DOOM, Quake, etc), it's never really caused me any problems like Windows (my Mandrake 9 installation crashed once, and never came back - the BIOS on my computer died, apparently, which would explain the crash), my Ubuntu system gave me errors that are similar to my Mandrake Install (I think my motherboard doesn't like Linux, since the errors are almost identical to the installation of Mandrake that I thought had been killed by the dead BIOS).  Windows has given me too many problems, with it's DOS emulation that is about as good as getting poked with red hot knives (seriously - Microsoft made DOS, so they should be able to emulate it better than third-party emulators), the BSOD that's not supposed to be possible in WinXP, their attempt at shoving Palm out of the market (WinXP doesn't let PalmOS handhelds sync with it - Palm had to create special drivers to allow their handhelds to synchronize with the OS), their attempt at getting WinXP not to network with older OSs (there's a DLL file whose sole purpose is to say which OSs Windows should not network with - my dad deleted it to allow us to network with a Win95 computer.)  I hate it; it's caused me too many problems (Windows is the leading cause of my computers dying - usually by some sort of abuse (such as hard drives being crammed through motherboards, etc)).  [/rant]

Anyways... I need to check the Debian website to see about Linuxing my Mac...
What are you looking here for?

Databits

Yeah, well, I've dealt with windows os's long enough to know how to handle them. The main argument I have is with the interface layout. Microsoft and their intention to make things easier under every new OS just makes it harder to navigate for people who finally got used to their last change. WindowsXP was a navigation nightmare, and I completely hate the stupid auto-menu crap. I mean, if I don't want a menu item to show up, I'LL DELETE IT. I don't need the OS determining that "oh you haven't used this as recently as the other so I'll hide it for you ;)" no... leave my shortcuts alone! Bad MS Bad!

Then the fact that by default they completely changed the start menu from the original "Windows 95/NT4/98/ME/2000" design to some off-the-wall screwed up automatically changing bastard menu. It's evil I tell you evil!

Why did they remove My Computer from the desktop? Why remove Network Neighborhood? Why still KEEP IE on the desktop and remove all the usefull things? Why make the user interface completely confusing and new to all the people who got used to their other "new" style from back in the 95 days? Why does MS still exist? Why isn't Linux the standard? Why life? Why death? Why existance? Why rant? Why why???

[/rant]
(o.O)    

Lei

"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

tickyhead

Nice lei. XD I looked around in that site and found a few really crazy things:

http://thatvideosite.com/view/873.html
(wario was never a nice guy anyway....)

http://thatvideosite.com/view/746.html
finally some divine intervention!

http://thatvideosite.com/view/56.html
Tetris!
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

thefemnazi

wow.  Now there really is proof that it is impossible to beat tetris.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Xepher

Databits

Here's a list of videos that have been around but are still awesome.

Read a BookWarning! Explicit language, not work safe.
Slaughter Your WorldWarning! Cartoon violence, not work safe.
Ultimate Showdown
Llama Song

These are all rather well done, and kinda neat, all work safe too:
There She Is!!
Cake Dance
Doki & Nabi
(o.O)    

sagebrush

tickyhead

Quote from: sagebrush on August 22, 2008, 11:20:38 PM
The Dalek Song?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAk2HjHSGbo

Fantastic!

As for my own contributions...hmmm.
Meet the Sandvich (it had to be done)
I Want To Be The Guy But Link Won't Let Me (Something about angry gamers just makes be laugh...)

I have more, honest, but I can't brain right now...I need to sleep.

Xepher

Dalek Song? Wow, that's just... some sort of nerd implosion there. I feel ashamed that I get every bit of it. :-)

Sandvich! I totally forgot, I've been meaning to go try out team fortress with the new heavy update.

griever

I'm not sure if this is funny or disturbing...my laughter was punctuated with WTF moments.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2612657/Orangina-advert-too-sexy.html

The video link just gave a small version...the larger one is better (if that's even the right word) and in that page.

Potentially NSFW, if your boss objects to interspecies mingling and boobs on a panda.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Gah, that's like some sort of bizarre nightmare from the darkest depths of the uncanny valley! I laughed at the end, once I realized where the commercial was from. I swear, only the French could manage to think some creepy furvert's wet dream was a good way to sell fruit juice. Only the French!

sagebrush

O.o; golden shower...

of orange juice....

tickyhead

I'm scared...I'm very, very scared...

I think I need a hug. D: