News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Xepher.net Logo Contest (Win $10 iTunes Credit)

Started by Xepher, August 18, 2008, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

I recently got an iTunes gift card for $10. Problem is, you have to use windows or mac to even use iTunes, and I use linux, and rather than sell it, I figured I'd give it away with a small contest here instead. Plus, I'm bored with the single Xepher.net logo on the front page.

Current Logo:

The contest is to design the best-looking new logo. Entries should be the same size as the current image, 450px by 120px, and PNG format. Note that the image must look good IN PLACE on the xepher.net pages. Keep in mind the colors used on the page, and make sure it doesn't clash. The current image makes heavy use of transparency to blend in with the page background (notice how the blue and the shadows are transparent when viewed at http://xepher.net directly), and I suggest entries do the same. Entries should prominently feature the the site name "Xepher.net" The "Net" part can optionally be capitalized as well, or you can make use of all-caps. Optionally, the logo can include the motto "Free Hosting For Free Thinkers" capitalized/punctuated as you think looks best. Graphically, you can include whatever you wish, and use any style of artwork. You can include characters/objects/etc. in it if you wish, so long as they look appropriate. (Avoid in-jokes that would require knowledge of said characters and/or any comics they appear in.) The logo should be a stand-alone piece of artwork. I'll be looking for something that's friendly, yet professional feeling.

The contest will run through September 15th, unless there are fewer than 10 entries by then, in which case it will be extended another 2 weeks. (There won't be any additional extensions.) Anyone can enter, no need to be a member/regular on xepher.net, so please invite any friends/artists you know. The winner will be given a gift-card code (via email) good for $10 at the U.S. iTunes store. (Sorry to those of you in other countries, but the card already has the U.S. restriction on it. You could, however, win it and give it to a friend if you can't use it.) I'll also be using the winning logo (and possibly a couple of the runner-ups) on xepher.net. Alt-text attribution to the artist (if desired.)

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

sagebrush

Xepher

*is stunned*

That's... awesome. I love the pirate eye-patch. If the rest of the entries are anywhere near as cool, this could be a really fun contest. :-)

sagebrush

Xepher

Yeah, I was hoping for more. :-)

I'll announce it on the main page this weekend, maybe that'll get more people.

fesworks

If you want, I can announce on The Webcomic Beacon. Never know.

We have until the 15th ;) :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Yeah, go for it if you want to. Kinda advertises xepher.net itself as well.

fesworks

Quote from: Xepher on August 29, 2008, 04:59:37 PM
Yeah, go for it if you want to. Kinda advertises xepher.net itself as well.

Well, yea :P

I kinda wished we stayed here (the Beacon), but I notice that since we left, I had not noticed the server not working at in convenient times.... Coincidence ? ;)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

sagebrush

Xepher

Hey, the SERVER is working fine! The datacenter it's in though... :-/

Yeah, what can I say, it's super-el-cheapo and you get what you pay for. Now that I've got a job, I'm thinking about finding a better place eventually, but we'll see.

fesworks

Quote from: sagebrush on August 31, 2008, 04:17:43 AM
Ow... burn...

Not really ;) I believe that some of the issue for the outage was The Podcast. Even though it was not a huge podcast, it still was the biggest drain on resources/bandwidth last I checked. Towards the end, I started to suspect constant 60+ minute MP3 downloads were sapping the data center's... whatever it is... for Xepher's server. It's seemed to not do that any more since the show hasn't been here all August.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

No worries, I'm not really caring what/where the fault lies, I was just giving you a hard time above. I'm just glad it's working for you now, doesn't matter where.

Miluette

Yay! A reason to design! <3 I'm on it!
Even if I just found out and it ends in two days!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

Yes! Please contribute! I want a contest, not a default.

Though I will note that with less than 10 entries, it looks like we're going into overtime. Meaning two more weeks. But get stuff in anyway, to encourage others to try.