News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Xepher.net Logo Contest (Win $10 iTunes Credit)

Started by Xepher, August 18, 2008, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miluette

OK, so I still haven't started. But I'm going to!

It's thumbnail time!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Gwyn

THIS IS A PIECE I DID ON THE OBSERVATION OF THE INTERNET. THIS CLEARLY SHOWS MY MAD SKILLS AS A GRAPHIC ARTIST SO I CAN TOTALLY BE A DICK ABOUT IT WHILE I'M DRINKING 5 DOLLAR DRINKS WHILE HOVERING OVER MY MAC BOOK PRO AT MY LOCAL DOUCHEBAG HANGOUT AKA TOOL DEPOSITORY (aka local too cool for you coffee shop)

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Gwyn

ha.ha I'm just kidding, I only drink 7 dollar drinks with a minimum of 3 shots and STEAMED MILK ONLY
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

Heheh... well looks like we have a serious contender there! :-)

On a more serious note though, the contest ends this monday, the 29th, so anyone planning to enter should do so by then.

Databits

Man I remember back when Xepher.net had a hell of a lot more traffic. Think the recession shit has something to do with the drop of activity in here?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Miluette

Time flies. o_o Wowies.

Okay, gonna start RIGHT NOW. For serious.

Xepher

Nah... I think it's just that I haven't really been gaining NEW users in quite a while. The normal pattern is that almost all the forum traffic is users who signed up within the past couple of months, plus the tiny few of us that are long-time forum users here. If I went and did a big push for new users, and got 30 people signed up, 20 of them would be all over this forum for the next 3 months. I've no need to do that though. :-)

fesworks

Xepher, come up with some clever tag lines or SOME idea for Xepher ads, I'll run a low cost PW campaign (should hit a lot of small sites, but has been very effective for me in the past). It might be best to make a specific page for this ad with some examples of sites hosted here. The big ones plus a good variety of others. (or all of them?)

I think it could work to drive up some traffic. Could get a few applications as well as new readers to various hosted site... even for a low-cost ad campaign on PW.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Miluette

Weekend threw me for a loop. Also, sudden freelance.

I faild. Sorry, Xepher, lol. I would have come up with something good, though... (I'll still do something for fun, just not on time.)

Xepher

Fes: I probably made that sound like I was lamenting the lack of new users. Don't get me wrong, I like doing this, but I intentionally avoid advertising xepher.net. I'm not trying to push for new users. If people find this place, great, if they don't, that's fine too... and actually means less work for me. :-) My point above was that if I DID push for it, then, just as you said, I could probably drive up traffic quite easily. Maybe at some point in the future, probably if/when I ever launch a new system like the Artica idea, then I'll really go all out for publicity.

Senshuu: If you're too busy, don't worry about it. While I was hoping for more entries here (obviously) it doesn't hurt my feeling or anything that there weren't. I wasn't surprised either... I mean, I wasn't even motivated enough to make a new logo myself. :-)

Miluette

Oooo... A while after I posted that, I did my really quick idea sketches.

The top one is the one I'm gonna detail. I'm even gonna do it layered in Illustrator... infinitely scallable logos, yaaay. I'd do cool things with all of them though.
Hehe... I'm more disappointed with myself that I didn't get around to it these past two weeks...

sagebrush

griever

I tried but I couldn't think of anything decent.  Well, I thought of some banner-header type images but nothing like a logo.  :(
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Well, that's that folks. The winner (by technical participation) is Sagebrush! DING DING DING DING!

Gwyn: Nice try. :-)

Senshuu... liked where the ideas were going, but I have to play by the rules and it's already been a month.

Sage... I'll get you that iTunes card soon.

sagebrush

Yay!  I wonder what else I can get by default... <.<;