News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

KTK - application

Started by Zumi, August 29, 2008, 05:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griever

I definitely like this one and hope it gets accepted.  9-lives was very cute.  Like others have said, the font on the site is less than desirable, but I think that overall you're off to a good start.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Zumi

i will try out several fonts over the next few days. I am thinking maybe ariel or vedana.

I will relay your comments to kia :) i think she will be pleased that you have taken a liking to it :)

Zumi

http://zumigal.bravehost.com/Indexinator.html

what do you guys feel about this font?
It was a bit of a pain to update, i figured i will ask feedback before spending all day updating to possibly reupdate the next day.

Xepher

Okay, it's approved. You should have an email with login info and instructions.

JM

Zumi

:) Thank you!
I will upload the site later after i make a few minor changes tot he index page and have breakfast.

i think kia will be shocked lol she is very unconfident about her work lol

Kia

Zumi

Site is up and all images/links working i think.

curse you caps sensitivity! :P
(Im not exactly tidy with caps or no caps)

Since i just spent 2 hours fixing all the images and links im gonna have a break and work on the fonts in a few hours. (The index page has the font im going to use)

griever

Re: the fonts, I'd set a base size or something because I've got incredibly tiny type showing up for me.  I've uploaded a screencap so you can see how it looks in proportion to the XN banner.

Zumi

wow thats like a lot smaller than on mine O.o.
I guess i got a lot more work to do :(

Zumi

kia-tk.xepher.net/notthesame.PNG

Check that link, i checked your screenshot with mine and the fonts arent the same. it's either an incompatability issue with different browsers or a flaw in my css.
I use Firefox. What browser do you use?

griever

I use Firefox as well.  Looks better now.

Zumi

i just spent 6 hours, maybe more updating the sites code to accomdadate reccomendations made here :)

The problem was indeed on my end, an error in my css. i was using a %age and not a set size. so i changed the page and then updated the entire site in it.
i also posted up a new comic :P

I was quite literally working until midnight lol

Zumi

phew, days of rewritting code but its done :)

the site now should function 100% in both IE and Firefox. The text isnt times roman anymore and best of all, i can rest :)

(Though my work is never done, i gotta work on how to allow for both popup opening and tab opening...)