News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Floating oh my gosh

Started by Miluette, September 13, 2008, 03:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;

That goes in the "body" section of your CSS.

P.S. Databits: The Web Developer plugin is, officially, awesome! :-)

Miluette

Mildly off-topic:
I keep getting errors whenever I try to install addons on my windows Firefox now.

I'm going to assume it has something to do with how I tried to manually remove the not-working Paypal plugin (which never worked, and now the add-ons panel always asks me to restart firefox to remove the plugin, which it never does).
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

Export your bookmarks, then nuke your firefox install/settings and reinstall. That's the sure-fire way to fix it. Thankfully firefox doesn't live much in the registry, so just deleting it's folders in Documents and Settings takes care of almost all of it.

Miluette

Ah - uninstall Firefox? D'aw. OK.

This reminds me of how Firefox 0.8 is still in my programs list, because I deleted its folder or something when upgrading to 1 because of some kind of dumb process requiring me to get rid of 0 that I found out only after getting 1, and now it won't "uninstall".

I bet the above makes as much sense as it did to me when it happened... too bad I don't remember what happened exactly.

Xepher

If you uninstall, make sure to delete your personal settings/folder for firefox. If you browse "Documents and Settings" under your username, (view hidden files has to be on) under a few of the folders (like application data) you'll find Firefox directories. Nuking all those is usually what solves things, then it can actually start from scratch on a reinstall.

Miluette

Ah, I did this, and everything works now. :D

But now I'm getting popups on my sites again. Makes no sense. Firefox: comes with adware. I guess I'll run the scan again.