News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Got the Point? by Raiettei

Started by Raiettei, September 30, 2008, 02:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiettei

gotthepoint

got_the_point_comic@yahoo.com

A comic site. The comic is about an alternate universe to our own that is similar in every way imaginable... except for the total lack of humans and the whole interdimentional conspiracy going on behind the scenes. 'Got the Point?' is MOSTLY about, however, a bunch of high school students in desperate need of attention.

gotthepoint.smackjeeves.com

Please allow me to clarify things in future posts! If you have questions, in other words, please feel free to ask them! I'll be happy to answer them!

Got the Point?
Why do you persist at reading my signature? It's not important! Look just above this for the REAL important things!
(...Unless this is General Discussion... then go ahead and read this...)
^_^

yny-u

Do you have any experience building websites? You will need to build everything yourself here, so you at least need to know HTML and how to upload files to a web server.

Can you provide an example of what you can do web design wise?

tickyhead

Darn, yny-u got to it first!

But I'll repeat it anyway; in order to use the wonderful webhosting here at xepher.net you're going to need knowledge of html, css, and/or php. There's no "instant website" templates. You'll also have to know how to upload your content to the server via SCP, which is like FTP but better. Much better.

If you didn't understand anything I just said, then you're going to have problems.

(As a side note, why does the archive have a header with the Heroes DNA/fake kanji logo? Just wondering.)
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Thu

In addition to the knowledge of site-building required to get your own site here, just one question:
What are your reasons for having the comic-site here when Smackjeeves is a decent site?
There's already a community there, premade templates and a comic-organizing script for easy-going comic artists.
(Ahaha I sound so hypocritical asking this.)
You don't have to answer, just wondering...

tickyhead

Necrothread is necro'd...

It's been two months, hun. I don't think this person's coming back.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.