News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Thanks For The Beer! (Some Assembly Required)

Started by Xepher, October 05, 2008, 04:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

So I decided to get into beer brewing as a hobby. I went to purchase my first round of equipment and supplies, and the vendor's website presented me with the paypal option! I totally forgot about having a paypal account, as it pretty much only gets used to accept donations here. Turns out, over the past few years, I've collected just enough to buy everything I had on my order! So that's pretty much like free beer... just some assembly required.

In all seriousness though, thanks to those of you that have donated over the years... you now know that funding is gonna get your friendly neighborhood sysadmin a little bit drunker. :-P

JM

Hahah sounds like a fun hobby. I actually know a kid who's got a small distillery in his dorm room (it's kinda neat).

I know this sounds totally lame, but I really wish I could afford to donate to Xepher.net. Ass-kissing aside, I do love this forum. :D

Have fun with your brewin' ;)

Miluette

Bwaha! That's great!

One of the things I'm going to do after I get a job is donate... because these forums/hosting have done a lot for me. <3 <3
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

Hey, just so we're clear... this isn't a plea for more donations. Not in the slightest. I have a real job now with a really decent paycheck, so the cost of bandwidth for this place barely shows up on the financial radar now. Still I appreciate the sentiment, and glad ya'll are getting something useful out of all this.

Zumi

perhaps you might share some of this beer with us :P

Xepher

You know, I actually thought about that... shipping a sixpack to anyone who had donated or something. Problem is, there's all these pesky federal regulations about the shipment of alcohol. That, and the cost of shipping is probably more than the beer. I admit I haven't looked into that deeply though, so if you've got a good way to do it, I'm all for it.

Zumi

well you could hold one hell of a house party and invite everyone :P

sagebrush

Miluette

This is making me wish I liked any sort of alcohol. D:
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?