News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Giant Squiddies!

Started by Ashley_Rose, September 29, 2005, 05:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley_Rose

I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Xepher

Yeah, BBC had that yesterday. Impressive, isn't it? And to think that's a "small" one. If you want to see something even worse though, google for "colossal squid" (Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni) which reportedly grows even larger than the giant squid. Even scarier though is that instead of just having sucker pads (albeit with small "teeth" in them) on it's arms like Architeuthis (the giant squid) does, it has chitin hooks! http://www.tonmo.com/science/public/deepseacephs.php has some excellant pictures. A good one of such a hook is a few paragraphs from the top.

Good thing they only like sub-arctic conditions, or I might never swim in the sea again!

Ashley_Rose

Yeah, and it left behind an 18 foot tentacle, which, after retrieval, was still working. Wicked cool, ne?! I mean, I almost wet my pants. That is just SO DAMN COOL. *goes off on endorphin rush again*
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

thefemnazi

Oooh.  Giant Squid.  Working tentacle!  I think they should see how long it stays working, and I wonder if the squid who lost it will grow another?
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Lei

I wonder if you sent some sort of electric charge through the nerves or something if the tentacle wouldlike... twitch or something. That'd be so cool to watch :D
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

AskZeek

And that one of the many reasons why I don't like swimming.

That and swimming in a billion years or so of fish poop.
When all the player's die...  the DM wins!

thefemnazi

see, I'm the kind of weird that would get excited if that found me while I was swimming.  After I peed myself, of course.

Miluette

Oooo. Squids are cool. Especially giant ones... If I could swim, I'd probably be the one to be caught by one. It'd be better than a shark, anyway.

18 foot tentacles...
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Ashley_Rose

yeah, you know what they say, it is the size that matters ... I mean, what?

thefemnazi

Ignore the girl feeding into your ego myths.

*said in the voice of the wizard*

Ashley_Rose

*waves hand in front of other people* You don't want to know what we're talking about. *said in Jedi voice*

Databits

You mean I don't *need* to know what you're talking about. "Your mind tricks don't work on me Jedi!"

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuun! *start mysterious music* *vanishes*

Edit: On a side note... I just saw that new show squidbillies last Sunday. I was horribly disgusted at it. How do things like that even make it on TV?!?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Quote from: DatabitsOn a side note... I just saw that new show squidbillies last Sunday.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Over.

I watch so little TV that when I do see a few minutes of it, it's filled entirely with shows I've never heard of, followed by commercials for shows I've never heard of, and products I've never seen... all using music from bands I've never known about. It's almost to the point where everything is just so many flashing images and loud noises. I wonder if this is how old people (or possibly rabbits) feel all the time?

Databits

Yeah, I rarely watch TV anymore myself. The only time I really watch it is when I know new episodes of a few animes are coming on. Other than that, I sorta dislike constant reruns and stupid junk, so I avoid it.

I also found out that my college apparently has some anime club on Monday nights. I may check into it sometime.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Ashley_Rose

You should, Data, seriously, clubs like that are pretty nice, Harm and I ran one last year. It was fun... a lot. We were always excited when new people showed up with their gaming/anime/CCG love.