News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Broadcasting a 24 Hour Lego Comic Attempt, starting today.

Started by fesworks, October 17, 2008, 01:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

Fes readies his LEGOs for his attempt at a 24 Hour Comic. He will be broadcasting his efforts (technology pending) on Ustream on Friday 17th, 1pm Eastern (-5 GMT, DST). Which should about about when Australians start 24 Hour Comics Day. Catch continuous info at

www.Fesworks.com/LEGO/ .

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

griever

"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Zumi

fesworks

Finished... kinda... I managed to have 24 pages and a cover by 23 Hours and 50 minutes, but the story is incomplete. Its a Part one... I underestimated the number of pictures I took and how long I was making the story... so I'm not sure it even counts as a "successful 24 Hour Comic". However, I DID meet my personal goal.... but now I have a new webcomic to finish o_O

http://www.drunkduck.com/Jenny_Everywhere_and_the_Golden_Key/

But I have all the pictures, so this should not take too long to finish.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Wow, pretty impressive. The depth-of-field is really cool, and I see you took great care to eliminate accidental backgrounds. It really turns out pretty awesome visually.

You did mispell "clues" though, you have it as "cluse" on the page about 2 from the end. hrough. http://www.drunkduck.com/Jenny_Everywhere_and_the_Golden_Key/index.php?p=474512

(Sorry, grammar nazi.)

fesworks

There is one strip I wanna redo a bit (take out a panel), and there is one more strip that has some bad typos. I'll fix it all once I start working on the rest.

The background would have been better if I had the blue sheet pulled tighter. BucketFill with Anti-Alias did alright. But I learned a bit more about doing a Lego Comic :)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

Very nice, Fes.  I don't see why you couldn't continue at a more sedate pace...1 page a day?  I wish I could get out my LEGOs and attempt storytelling through them (I used to have an elaborate kingdom on my bedroom floor when I was little).  If I can't get a job next year, I'll try this between job interviews. ^_^
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Zumi

was quite amusing lol
it rekindles everyones love of lego and causes immense sadness when you realise you dont have any :(