News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Application for Element Tk

Started by mutt, September 29, 2005, 05:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutt

I'm working on a new web site that's 50% done. I've pretty much visualized it's appearance and structured it, the only work now is content-wise, and that shouldn't be too tough. My (potential) site is called Element Tk and it's a dedication site to my best friend who passed away last Wednesday (sep. 21). It's a simple design and a simple concept: I want to archive and showcase a few of the things that we were both interested in. This includes music, gaming and anime among other things. The site won't contain any illegal gaming/music/anime content; although I would like to use a few of my mp3s to act as a playlist while people visit the site. There will only be a few songs and I'll make it so that visitors can't readily download them.

tickyhead

...>>.....*ahem* http://xepher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4

oh and sorry about your friend and all. It's never fun to lose someone.
(unless you really really really REALLY hate them.....then it's kinda fun....)
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Databits

Why is it that people never read before posting?

Xepher, would you like me to write an application management systeml that would basically force people to at least view the information (as in load on their screen) before being able to submit an application? *sigh*
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

For the record, I am perfectly capable of writing such a thing. I seriously considered it during the overhaul to phase 2, but decided to forego it.  I don't WANT applying here to be as easy as signing up for hotmail or something. I know it sounds a bit smug, but the system is meant to be obtuse and freeform. The reason being that having a less than easy/foolproof system insures that the lazy and the fools are caught early on. Also, having a more or less free form system lets me actually see more of someone's character than you'd get with standardized forms.

Anyway data, forgive me if I sounded rude there... I do appriciate the offer of help, but it's not needed in this area. On the other hand, if you're just itching for a coding project/idea to work on, I'm seriously thinking about recruiting some collaborators for the art-site idea I've mentioned before... but that's a topic for another thread... Look for a post mentioning "Artica" soon.

Databits

Quote from: XepherFor the record, I am perfectly capable of writing such a thing. I seriously considered it during the overhaul to phase 2, but decided to forego it.  I don't WANT applying here to be as easy as signing up for hotmail or something. I know it sounds a bit smug, but the system is meant to be obtuse and freeform. The reason being that having a less than easy/foolproof system insures that the lazy and the fools are caught early on. Also, having a more or less free form system lets me actually see more of someone's character than you'd get with standardized forms.
Heh, I know. :P

And no harm no foul, I was simply commenting cause it was a bit annoying.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

This application was posted about a day before applications were actually opened. If it had met all the OTHER requirements in the instructions, I'd probably let it stay in. But apparently you didn't actually read any of the instructions, so this one is nixed.