News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

inversion (re-apply)

Started by inversed, December 04, 2008, 11:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inversed

Username: inversed
Email: ReoseR@mail.ru, 0x1337C0DE@gmail.com

This is my 2nd try. Since my last application, I've totally reworked my webpage design. Test version of the site is here:
http://www.dcsnake.narod.ru/test/index.htm

Images - My abstract artwork and some interesting procedural images.
Music - I make Electronic/Experimental/Ambient/idm/whatever. Can upload some examples if you want.
My Half-Life mod - This section will contain mod description, screenshots and progress report (and someday, the mod itself!).
CoreWar - it's a game where computer programs fight each other in memory (check out http://www.corewar.co.uk/ to get the idea). Since I'm the author of some very successfull programs ( http://www.koth.org/lcgi-bin/current.pl?hill94nop ), I'd like to have a CW page.

Eventually I'll add following sections:
Programs - Numerous tools I wrote in Delphi
Research - I'm doing research in bioinspired computing. This section will contain my articles and programs related to Genetic Algorithms/Genetic Programming/Differential Evolution/etc.

Hopefully, "Images" section should be enough to convince you.

celebrateart

I'm new and stuff but couldn't help to notice the vector graphic picture that you were messing around with did you use blender at any chance?

inversed

QuoteI'm new and stuff but couldn't help to notice the vector graphic picture that you were messing around with did you use blender at any chance?
I'm completely incompetent with 3D. This picture was created by a program that calculates gradient vector of an image (i*df/dx+j*df/dy). Gradient.jpg represents angle of a gradient vector of a simple image created in photoshop. I didn't expected this 3Dish look. The algorithm is essentially different from bumpmapping yet it produces somewhat similair results.

celebrateart

oh my bad then, I've used blender and it just looked like a plan used with a lot of meshes and subsurfs but nice job though

Xepher

I'm sorry, but I'm going to say no here. It still just seems like a "homepage" sort of site, without much focus on content. Nothing wrong with that, but it's just not what xepher.net is focused on.

inversed

QuoteI'm sorry, but I'm going to say no here. It still just seems like a "homepage" sort of site, without much focus on content.
?? That's a surprse for me, since the only thing I have on the site (and will have in near future) _is_ content (I don't focus on any particular type of content tho, but that's a different matter).
QuotePersonal Sites vs. Home Pages Ruling: While I will not accept a site that is merely meant to be a person's daily journal or contact point, I do allow people to do most anything that want on the side. That is to say, if your site is accepted for the ... art showcase you have, you are free to also keep a personal journal, pictures, links to your favorite band, or other things that would normally be part of a "home page" site.
I have "art", "music", ... sections, but no "personal journal, pictures, links to your favorite band, or other things that would normally be part of a "home page" site", yet my page is classified as a ""homepage" sort of site"? Clarify, please.

Xepher

My point was that it was as miscellaneous collection of some things you've done. You've got a few pictures, two music downloads, and a short page about a video game mod. Perhaps "homepage" was the wrong word, but the actual reasoning behind it was that there is very LITTLE content, and what is there is spread out. The stuff you mention adding (delphi tools and bio-programming articles), while interesting and arguably "artistic" in essence, are not the sort of content that xepher.net focuses on. This place leans much more towards the more traditional "creativity" realms of art and music, of which you only have a few examples.

My apologies of that sounds harsh, I don't mean to discourage you from doing what you enjoy or to belittle your efforts, but I just don't feel that it really fits in here.

inversed

My point was that it was as miscellaneous collection of some things you've done. ... Perhaps "homepage" was the wrong word, but the actual reasoning behind it was that there is very LITTLE content, and what is there is spread out. The stuff you mention adding (delphi tools and bio-programming articles), while interesting and arguably "artistic" in essence, are not the sort of content that xepher.net focuses on.
Ok, let's consider only art and music sections.
This place leans much more towards the more traditional "creativity" realms of art and music, of which you only have a few examples. ... You've got a few pictures, two music downloads, and a short page about a video game mod.
That site is only a test version, so initially I uploaded just some examples of everything.
Now the "Gallery" section is updated with some more images. Not a tenfold increase, but I prefer quality over quantity. I may find some more images if I scout out my HD.
Music: actually, the most interesting thing at music section should be "Microdrive" album. No info about it was provided because now I'm making a revised version (replacing some tracks) and wanted to update the page once it's done; now music page is updated with info about old version. Also now I'm working on "Microdrive 2", same format, ~60% done.
To sum up: ~15 images @ "Gallery", 2 albums + more to come @ "Music" - that's on par with other .xepher sites. If this is still insufficient, I surrender.

QuoteMy apologies of that sounds harsh, I don't mean to discourage you from doing what you enjoy or to belittle your efforts, but I just don't feel that it really fits in here.
You really don't need to apologise (I never meant that your comments were harsh or smth), after all it's your right to say No.